TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 13, 2014, 04:07:40 PM
Excellent show but perhaps dragging a tad and too many new characters if you want to get really picky.

I reckon they could make 7-8 seasons at least, if not 10!!

It's based on books. Each book is a season, apart from the last two which are halves of book three. The books are still being written.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2014, 04:13:42 PM
Excellent show but perhaps dragging a tad and too many new characters if you want to get really picky.

It's based on books. Each book is a season, apart from the last two which are halves of book three. The books are still being written.

Oh I know that. Apparently he hasnt even started book 4 and isnt in great health!

smort

Martin has wrote 5 of the books. He plans to finish the series with two more tome's.

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 13, 2014, 04:18:08 PM

Oh I know that. Apparently he hasnt even started book 4 and isnt in great health!

The fifth book was released three years ago and Martin usual writes the script for an episode each season too. He's already told the creators the outline of how he plans to end the story in case they catch up to the novels.

CD

Quote from: smort on May 13, 2014, 04:28:31 PM
Martin has wrote 5 of the books. He plans to finish the series with two more tome's.

Aye but two of the books so far have been split into two distinct books as they are so long so it's actually seven! I read them a few years back and was gutted that I'd have to wait years for the next one! By the time it comes out I'll have to read the previous one again to get back up to speed!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

the Deel Rover

I know it's not a show as such but do any of ye watch deadliest catch . Jesus those boys earn their money.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

muppet

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 18, 2014, 04:41:01 PM
I know it's not a show as such but do any of ye watch deadliest catch . Jesus those boys earn their money.

Is it about Coppers?
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Quote from: muppet on May 18, 2014, 05:15:19 PM

Is it about Coppers?

:D :D :D lmaomuppet
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

NAG1

Yeah have seen a few series of it and by god it is serious tough going.

But the captains can earn serious coin for it if they do well.

gallsman

Not quite true. Current season has had plenty of elements of A Dance with Dragons, the fifth book in it. When writing the books, Martin split it based on geography of the characters, so some of them went AWOL for perhaps a book and a half. I imagine the producers of the show wouldn't have been happy with that so have started blending the narrative.

Tony Baloney

So....this Game of Thrones everyone is talking about....worth a watch?

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 19, 2014, 01:30:38 PM

Unbelievable.  Not sure if you would make much headway through the seasons though, the old pause and rewind buttons on your Sky Remote would near be worn away.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Tried to watch some of it. Meh wouldn't be too fussed about it tbh.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on May 19, 2014, 02:14:41 PM
Tried to watch some of it. Meh wouldn't be too fussed about it tbh.

It's very good but starting to get slightly annoying with at least 10 different plotlines going on at the same time. I'm hoping this is going to reach some kind of finish rather than the way Lost went which just seemed to get even more confusing and then just stopped.

The first few series are fantastic and there is enough blood and enough sets of jebs to keep you more than interested!

nrico2006

Person Of Interest is my favourite at the minute along with GOT, the Blacklist is brilliant too.  I see Revolution has got the chop, been really boring lately so no surprise.  Ray Donovan is bound to be back soon though, looking forward to that.  Have watched a few Intelligence and Believe as well, ok so far but nothing special.  Falling Skies is another that has sort of fallen flat, hopefully this new season will be better.  Hannibal should be interesting too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'