Author Topic: TV Show recommendations  (Read 765526 times)

oakleaflad

• View Profile
Re: TV Show recommendations
« Reply #6360 on: February 23, 2021, 11:10:26 AM »
Midsummar on Amazon prime. Maddest film I have ever seen. Please tell me someone else has watched it?

Mad in a good way or a bad way? Worth watching?

Yeah, I've watched it... It's just mental viewing.
Watched this last night having remembered it being mentioned on here. Just absolutely crazy viewing

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: February 23, 2021, 02:02:49 PM »
The Serpent is a quality show.  Another example of a person getting away with horrible acts as they prey on a group of people who weren't really cared about much at the time.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: February 23, 2021, 02:31:57 PM »
on zero zero zero. I know it's from the makers of Gomorrah but are they connected? do you need to have have watched Gomorrah first?

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: February 23, 2021, 02:32:32 PM »
The Serpent is a quality show.  Another example of a person getting away with horrible acts as they prey on a group of people who weren't really cared about much at the time.

I enjoyed it too but he was a true narcissist without giving too much away at the end..

Jell 0 Biafra

• View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: February 23, 2021, 02:46:41 PM »
on zero zero zero. I know it's from the makers of Gomorrah but are they connected? do you need to have have watched Gomorrah first?

If I hadn't already watched Gomorrah before trying a few episodes of Zero, I never would have. 

Gomorrah's great.  Zero is pretty poor fare.  Even Gabriel Byrne is mailing it in.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: February 23, 2021, 02:47:34 PM »
Bloodlands was alright last night. Nesbitt's overacting on the island was a bit strange but it has a bit of potential.

Charlene McKenna seems dead on but jesus she'd give the Priest with most boring voice a run for his money in Fr Ted!

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: February 23, 2021, 02:47:52 PM »

I enjoyed it too but he was a true narcissist without giving too much away at the end..
Good but prob 2 episodes too long.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: February 23, 2021, 02:48:42 PM »
Bloodlands was alright last night. Nesbitt's overacting on the island was a bit strange but it has a bit of potential.

Charlene McKenna seems dead on but jesus she'd give the Priest with most boring voice a run for his money in Fr Ted!
She can't help being from Monaghan!

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: February 23, 2021, 03:14:12 PM »

If I hadn't already watched Gomorrah before trying a few episodes of Zero, I never would have. 

Gomorrah's great.  Zero is pretty poor fare.  Even Gabriel Byrne is mailing it in.

Zero was threatening to turn into a good show but just couldn't get there. Still glad i watched it but not fussed if they don't do another season.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: February 23, 2021, 03:24:23 PM »

Zero was threatening to turn into a good show but just couldn't get there. Still glad i watched it but not fussed if they don't do another season.

Got as far as episode 3 then couldn't find another episode with subtitles... sounds like I'm not misssing out on much but I had thought it was interesting enough.

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: February 23, 2021, 05:06:23 PM »

I thought the acting in general was woeful.
Decent storyline though.
Anyone remember Charlene McKenna in Pure Mule? It was a great show and she was brilliant in it.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: February 23, 2021, 05:32:08 PM »

Decent storyline though.
Anyone remember Charlene McKenna in Pure Mule? It was a great show and she was brilliant in it.

More or less what you said, acting completely crap. I don't like Nesbitt at all these days.

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: February 23, 2021, 07:00:30 PM »

Decent storyline though.

Scooobie!!!
Mind it well, great show.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: February 23, 2021, 09:38:19 PM »
Finished behind her eyes and thought it was good but now I think about it itís not itís shite and whoever wrote it can f**k away off!!

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: February 23, 2021, 09:44:49 PM »

She can't help being from Monaghan!
If she's a McKenna, likely she'd be from Glaslough which doesn't count as being pure Monaghan due to an unfortunate proximity with Tyrone.