TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on January 06, 2020, 05:43:20 PM
Anyone have BritBox? Or is it unpatriotic to have it?  ;D
I doubt it as the priority level of Nordie patriotism falls far behind issues of economy, such as the price of a pint, betting tax, fuel, medical Xray and probably digital. services.

bennydorano

Quote from: lurganblue on January 06, 2020, 11:25:47 AM
The 3rd episode of Dracula turned out to be absolutely terrible.
Noticed it getting slated online after I'd only seen the first episode, watched it eventually  and thought it was very good, really enjoyed all 3 episodes - Claes Bang was made for the title role. Probably the success story of Christmas TV - which was pretty brutal this year.

lurganblue

I enjoyed the first 2 but the third just went a direction I didn't really get on board with. I don't regret watching the series though.

AZOffaly

Can't remember if I mentioned this before, but has anyone watch "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon? I thought it was excellent. Premise is that the Nazis and Japan won World War II and divvied up the Continental US between them.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2020, 09:15:17 AM
Can't remember if I mentioned this before, but has anyone watch "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon? I thought it was excellent. Premise is that the Nazis and Japan won World War II and divvied up the Continental US between them.
Yes I have, its excellent.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Just finished Don't f**k with Cats the story of an Internet Killer Jaysis there are some weird people out there and I'm not just talking about the killer....

Taylor

Quote from: Taylor on January 02, 2020, 01:17:19 PM
Never watched Gavin & Stacey before but enjoyed the Xmas special.
Your big woman that proposed at the end is probably the best character for me.

Dont f**k with the cats on Netflix - Jesus H Christ. Dont know where to start on it. Absolutely bonkers - and that is just the ones chasing the guy online.

Have started the second series of You - a decent watch following on from the first series

Exactly Boycey....strange world we live in

TheOptimist

I have the Amazon free trial at the minute. I am loving the sports documentaries.

Have watched all or nothing for the Carolina Panthers and am half way through the man city one. I actually enjoyed the NFL one better so far which surprises me. I also watched the Andy Murray one.

Has anyone any recommendations for what next?

RedHand88

"The loudest voice"

Watched the first episode, it's very good! Anyone that like US politics/news should give it a go. Its like "the newsroom" but the other side of the aisle.

Boycey

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 08, 2020, 09:47:48 PM
"The loudest voice"

Watched the first episode, it's very good! Anyone that like US politics/news should give it a go. Its like "the newsroom" but the other side of the aisle.

I watched it over the Christmas, found it very enjoyable. I meant to look into Ailes more since.

nrico2006

Aaron Hernandez documentary coming out soon, should be a good watch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Started Watchmen after getting a couple of recommendations. It's absolute class!!

It's well acted, slick, the soundtrack is amazing and it's totally bonkers.

I knew nothing about it other than knowing it's something to do with comic books but it's very enjoyable.

bennydorano

Quote from: screenexile on January 11, 2020, 12:32:34 AM
Started Watchmen after getting a couple of recommendations. It's absolute class!!

It's well acted, slick, the soundtrack is amazing and it's totally bonkers.

I knew nothing about it other than knowing it's something to do with comic books but it's very enjoyable.
Yip, one of those shows that you think that's not my cup of tea at all and it turns out to be first class.

blewuporstuffed

Anyone watching The Outsider on Sky Atlantic?
Based on a Stephen King novel
The first two episodes have been very good, but i'm not sure where they are going with it...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 20, 2020, 10:49:27 PM
Anyone watching The Outsider on Sky Atlantic?
Based on a Stephen King novel
The first two episodes have been very good, but i'm not sure where they are going with it...

Watched the first two there myself and enjoyed them. Based on a Stephen King novel as you say so god knows where it's going to go is the correct statement.