For those of you who enjoyed Band of Brothers

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, June 22, 2009, 03:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Here's the trailer to the sequel, called "The Pacific" which is based around the US Marines involvement in the Pacific Theatre of Operations in WW2.

It's scheduled to air in Spring 2010

http://www.pacificfans.com/trailer.mov

It looks  :o

Massey-135

Read that second book. I thought it was excellent. Can't wait for this show to start.

stpauls

Brilliant, i loved Band Of Brothers. could watch it over and over again. never read the book though, need to pick up a copy of it some where!

The Real Laoislad

Loved Band of Brothers...
I need a new series to watch now that Prison Break is finished,I like the sound of this  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

It was one of the greatest series i watched, never missed it nad if this one is as good I will be delighted
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2009, 04:01:40 PM
It was one of the greatest series i watched, never missed it nad if this one is as good I will be delighted

As he says.

Stumbled across Band of Brothers by accident once. Never missed it again...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Schkite

Excellent, heard this was in production but didn't know how far away it would be. I just happened to stumble across Band of Brothers when it was broadcast on the BBC, and lucky enough it happened to be just a bit into the first episode. I was hooked and never missed a bit of it, and then got the DVDs, brilliant show. Funny enough I have the book in the house but have never got through to reading it, I must do as it's supposed to be excellent aswell.

Tony Baloney

Band of Brothers is one of my all time favourites. Watched them all again a while back when they were being shown away up the channels on Sky - National Geographic channel maybe. Some of the auld fellas stories in it would bring a tear to the eye of a lesser man than me ;-)

pintsofguinness

Loved band of brothers!

cant wait for this.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lurganblue

ah i miss read this yesterday and thought it was starting in the summer this year. rippin now...
loved band of brothers.

AbbeySider

Downloading all 6GBs of Band of Brother as we speak!
I saw the first episode but had something on the nights it used to be on TV. Cant wait to watch it.
Also downloading Saving Private Ryan, my all time favourite war film

Main Street

For a superb war film, try  Patton - Lust for Glory

BOB was great tv drama. The book was even better. It was written by Stephen Ambrose, who wrote a load of other historical docu/dramas.
He has been nailed as a plagiarist. Personally I wouldn't have a definitive opinion on that matter.
He has his staunch defenders.
Others tend to use the plagiarism (or was it paraphrasing)  and couple it with their opinion that he covers the escapades of the GIs with a thick saccharine gloss of hero worship.

Personally I am quite okay with the almost total focus on the Gis as the heroes and the occasional derision pointed in the direction of the efforts of Monty and the Brits who were doing their best to give away a 6 goal lead to a half crocked opposition.

Schkite

Looks like Sky have the UK rights for "The Pacific", it'll be shown on Sky Movies! Bit of a change from it being on the BBC.

http://www.thecinemapost.com/2009/05/22/sky-tv-purchases-the-pacific-for-the-uk-in-spring-2010/

stpauls

Quote from: AbbeySider on June 23, 2009, 02:09:36 PM
I saw the first episode but had something on the nights it used to be on TV. Cant wait to watch it.

you are only getting to see it now? you don't know what you have been missing!!
watch out for episode 7 though, one extremely harrowing scene in it!

AbbeySider

Quote from: stpauls on June 23, 2009, 03:13:29 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on June 23, 2009, 02:09:36 PM

you are only getting to see it now? you don't know what you have been missing!!
watch out for episode 7 though, one extremely harrowing scene in it!

tut, tut, tut... I know!  :-[
I dont get to watch much TV at all. In fact I dont watch any apart from a Film or the news if its on.  :-\