Clare v Galway - Saturday 11th July 2009

Started by Stay goalside of your man, June 22, 2009, 01:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens73

Why do Galway play Cork?

They said on RTE that Galway couldn't play Laois, as they had met already, so they had to play Cork, but why couldn't they play Limerick with Cork playing Laois

EddieMerx

Have to agree, I thought they could make the draw like the relegation and deal with the Laois issue if it arose.

awfulynice

Clare were pretty terrible on saturday. I think they have proved one thing, Tipperary wont be even close to lifting the liam mccarthy cup come september. Colin Ryan, who looked to be so impressive against Tipp was annonamous.

One positive thing Clare can take from saturday is the performance of James McInnerney at full back, he dealt with Joe Canning very well i felt. Brendan Bugler at centre back had an absolute stinker, Cyril Donnelan went to town on him, the few times he got possesion he was throwing it up in crowded areas and losing the ball again!! Cant believe he finished the game.

Can Galway put it up to KK should they meet them  again in a semi final or final, on saturdays performance probably not, i think KK would have demolished Clare by 20 - 30 points in the same situation such is their ruthlessness.

INDIANA

You can't judge matches like that. You have to take each game on its merits. Tipp are still winning games and so are galway.

AZOffaly

I think that's a serious win for Galway. Ennis is not an easy place to go, and while Clare are on a serious decline, that is still a useful win. They were never really troubled, and Joe Canning 'only' scored 7 points, so to rattle over 2-18 without him is a good sign. Tipp should have beaten Clare by more, especially on a neutral venue, so I think Galway will be happy enough.

The Cork - Galway game should be a cracker. I'm looking forward to that. I was in Semple Stadium last year for it, and whatever my feelings about some of the personalities on the Cork team, that evening was an example to any young lad on the virtues of digging deep, keeping going and sticking in to the end. They were brilliant that evening. It may be the last great performance from this Cork team, but I'll remember it for a long time.

seafoid

I think the Cork-Galway match was arranged by the old firm. If Galway are to win the all-Ireland they will have to beat all 3 of them or something along those lines.