Best Goal Ever Scored

Started by corcaioch, June 21, 2009, 10:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corcaioch

What is the best intercounty goal you've seen?

I'd have to go for John Fenton's against Limerick in 1987:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwqFcou8ASw

:o

slow corner back

DJ versus Antrim 1993 aisf, although the u tube clip does not show the whole move and DJs running off the ball which was class

Reillers

slow corner back

Quote from: Reillers on June 21, 2009, 11:17:39 PM
Tom Kenny's against Wexford in 04 was pretty decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfNkC1_rrvE

Good goal alright but where was the wexford backline? He ran forty or fifty yards and no wexford man within 10 ft of him??

longrunsthefox

Olcan McFetridge's (Antrim) goal against Offaly in 1989 semi-final was sensational when he seemed to jump, catch, turn and strike the sliotar all in one motion. He got an All star that year too.   

orangeman

Fenton's strike - unbeatable.

English's volley against Antrim in AI final.

awfulynice

John Fentons goal i doubt will ever be beaten...1st rate

longrunsthefox

Jimmy Barry got  agreat goal in a semi-final not sure who against tho. He just doubled on it a sit came in mid air. Fenton's looks incredible tho cud just have easy it the Row Z...

fearbrags

yesJimmy  Barry doubled  on  a  John  Fenton  shot  against Galway  early  80s    Tommy  Coen  in  goal  for  Galway i  think
as good  as  Fentons  maybe  but  Fenton  had  a lot  to  do  with  this one  too

INDIANA

Think it was Michael Rice against Dublin in the Walsh Cup this year- sheer genius. Long ball played into Eddie brennan in the right corner -pulled on it first time over to the far side on the left hand side of the pitch in the air perfectly weighted to Rice who controlled it first time on the hurl and straight off the hurl from 25 yards buried it into the top corner. Never seen anything like it- don't think I ever will again.

Reillers

Fintan O Leary's for Sars against Ballinhassig a few nights ago. ;D

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Reillers on June 22, 2009, 07:44:20 PM
Fintan O Leary's for Sars against Ballinhassig a few nights ago. ;D

He couldn't have missed!

AZOffaly

Of the ones I have seen it would have to be John Fenton's ripper against Limerick. And we got to see it over and over because it eliminated Liver Fluke, Lungworm and Scour

fearbrags

Tony Doran got a few goals which helped to eliminated Liver Fluke, Lungworm and Scour etc

AZOffaly

Tony Doran probably frightened the scour out of a good few, man and beast.