Man on the moon - 40 years ago

Started by bcarrier, June 21, 2009, 09:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: Gnevin on June 24, 2009, 09:00:53 AM
Now to really blur the lines. Did God create they Alien life that visits earth , and if so do they believe in god, are they created in his image too?

Why would they have to be created in God's image?

nifan

Ive no problem in believing in life on other planets.

I don't think it is wrong to question whether it is possible for them to be sufficiently advanced to visit earth. They may be, but if so id question why they refuse to make contact, and if they wish to not be noticed why they are, often by incredibly poor photographers, and often the seem to be seen by the same people on many occasions while most people never see anything of them.
If they wished to remain anonymous then surely they would have suitably advanced technology to do so.

Gnevin

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 24, 2009, 10:06:00 AM
Now to really blur the lines. Did God create they Alien life that visits earth , and if so do they believe in god, are they created in his image too?

Well why where we created in his image? I assume God created the alien life, so why are we so special . Do they believe in god?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Doogie Browser

BBC2 at 9.00pm tonight, should be a decent show.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: nifan on June 24, 2009, 10:16:09 AM

I don't think it is wrong to question whether it is possible for them to be sufficiently advanced to visit earth. They may be, but if so id question why they refuse to make contact, and if they wish to not be noticed why they are, often by incredibly poor photographers, and often the seem to be seen by the same people on many occasions while most people never see anything of them.
If they wished to remain anonymous then surely they would have suitably advanced technology to do so.
I'd ask what they would have to gain my making contact, they are far more advanced than us, probably have us down as an idiotic war mongering world, probably don't rely on the resources we do so there's no advantage there.  Also, the first thing we would do if they made contact would be to try and kill them! 

as for the rest of your post about the same people seeing them, incredibily poor photograhpers etc - that's just not true.  It's lazy to say that when there 100s of photographs and video footage, any amount of eye witness reports from credicle witnesses, several incidents where 100s of people witnessed the event - they can't all be crazy or these incidents aren't all weather baloons. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

jimbo

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 24, 2009, 07:27:01 PM

I'd ask what they would have to gain my making contact, they are far more advanced than us, probably have us down as an idiotic war mongering world, probably don't rely on the resources we do so there's no advantage there.  Also, the first thing we would do if they made contact would be to try and kill them! 

as for the rest of your post about the same people seeing them, incredibily poor photograhpers etc - that's just not true.  It's lazy to say that when there 100s of photographs and video footage, any amount of eye witness reports from credicle witnesses, several incidents where 100s of people witnessed the event - they can't all be crazy or these incidents aren't all weather baloons. 

And you tell me to dry up with this drivel!!  :D

supersarsfields

Quote from: Gnevin on June 24, 2009, 04:01:51 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on June 24, 2009, 10:06:00 AM

Well why where we created in his image? I assume God created the alien life, so why are we so special . Do they believe in god?

Maybe he went in for a bit of variety. And maybe their the special ones as they were made unique? Just because it says we are made in God's image doesn't mean all races will be.

( Disclaimer - I am in no way saying that there is definitely intelligent aliens  :-X )

Irenses

If aliens did ever decide to make contact how would they do it and with who specifically? When humans explored new worlds the first person they want to talk to is the leader. Who is the leader of our planet? We don't really have one. You could claim Obama but he only leads 5% of the Earths population. So who then? the Chinese, The Pope, Bertie, or maybe every single world leader simultaneously somehow? 

If Aliens do want to make contact I suspect they'll wait till they know who to talk to.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Irenses on June 24, 2009, 08:30:14 PM

If aliens did ever decide to make contact how would they do it and with who specifically? When humans explored new worlds the first person they want to talk to is the leader. Who is the leader of our planet? We don’t really have one. You could claim Obama but he only leads 5% of the Earths population. So who then? the Chinese, The Pope, Bertie, or maybe every single world leader simultaneously somehow? 

If Aliens do want to make contact I suspect they’ll wait till they know who to talk to.

Pints obviously.

jimbo

Just watched the BBC documentary - I'm with Pints - X-Files more believable!!

nifan

QuoteI'd ask what they would have to gain my making contact, they are far more advanced than us, probably have us down as an idiotic war mongering world, probably don't rely on the resources we do so there's no advantage there.

Why do the shun contact yet supposedly continue to be seen by small groups. Why are they never seen by large groups at cities etc.

Can you show us some of the good quality photos and or video that is so abundant.
If they are advanced enough to completely obliterate our knowledge of phyics when it comes to travelling i fail to see why they would be concerned about us trying to kill them. They can travel faster than any weapon we would hav available.

Tony Baloney

mylestheslasher

I wouldn't believe anything gnevin says, sure he reckons there is a super being living in his Y front drawer that has zero mass, hence displacing none of his many Y fronts. This moon landing is so 60's, let them come back to me when they've landed on the Sun.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: nifan on June 24, 2009, 10:16:01 PM
QuoteI'd ask what they would have to gain my making contact, they are far more advanced than us, probably have us down as an idiotic war mongering world, probably don't rely on the resources we do so there's no advantage there.

Why do the shun contact yet supposedly continue to be seen by small groups. Why are they never seen by large groups at cities etc.

Can you show us some of the good quality photos and or video that is so abundant.
If they are advanced enough to completely obliterate our knowledge of phyics when it comes to travelling i fail to see why they would be concerned about us trying to kill them. They can travel faster than any weapon we would hav available.

What do you constitute at small or large groups?  There has been loads of incidents where they've been seen by large groups
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFO_sightings

If you want pictures just simply put the term UFO into google. 

anyway, I've no idea why they don't make contact.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 24, 2009, 10:24:19 PM
I wouldn't believe anything gnevin says, sure he reckons there is a super being living in his Y front drawer that has zero mass, hence displacing none of his many Y fronts. This moon landing is so 60's, let them come back to me when they've landed on the Sun.
Let me break down how your wrong!
First of all they are boxers!
Secondly it's a press
Thirdly prove the super being isn't their .
;) ;) ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.