London v Down July 4th

Started by Trevor Hill, June 21, 2009, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

http://gaa.ie/plugins/matchfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=26965

press release from GAA 17/06/09, all very confusing sooner the better they release the venues!

supersub

BigJohnBrowne

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on June 22, 2009, 10:34:45 AM
Announcement due today (Monday) on Times, Venues, and dates of the qualifiers.

Just saw it on Leitrim Site http://www.leitrimgaa.ie/ss_champ_09.php

How did Down manage to get a home game ?

Archie Mitchell

Confirmed for newry on GAA.ie

Qualifer Round 1
Saturday 4th Jul 2009
Time Venue Team 1 Team 2 Referee
7 00 PM Páirc Esler, Newry Down London TBC

http://www.gaa.ie/page/gaa_football_all_ireland_senior_championship3.html

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: BigJohnBrowne on June 22, 2009, 04:24:29 PM
How did Down manage to get a home game ?

They were one of only two first round qualifiers last year who played an away first game (Meath being the other).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

down6061689194

It seems half of Down were up for going to Ruslip!

Decent draw, the quality of semi finalists this year is poor enough (bar Kerry, possibly derry)

Draw against Antrim would be good, regain 8th in ulster spot.

Trevor Hill

Was looking forward to a weekend in London.  :(

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 22, 2009, 10:06:11 PM
Was looking forward to a weekend in London.  :(

Second that, I had even booked the Monday off work!!

downgirl

I wonder did people in high places fix the draw to try and give Ross and DJ a break!!  :D

Our Nail Loney

Its a match that they can't win anyway in the eyes of some supporters, an easy Down win will be expected, anything less and the wolves on here will again be baying for blood...

Some people (not even gonna call them Down fans) on here would probably have wanted Down to get Donegal/Meath/Monaghan and get a right stuffing...

JMohan

If Down win this Ross and DJ will get another year I'd say

supersub

Win the match against london? Don't think that would be the specifications for a new contract, as much as I appreciate what they have done for the county!!

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 23, 2009, 12:20:13 PM
Its a match that they can't win anyway in the eyes of some supporters, an easy Down win will be expected, anything less and the wolves on here will again be baying for blood...

Some people (not even gonna call them Down fans) on here would probably have wanted Down to get Donegal/Meath/Monaghan and get a right stuffing...

So you would prefer to see Down playing the likes of London, instead of the likes of Armagh, Donegal, etc. Looks like some of the "supporters" have accepted that we are now only capable of competing with the likes of London. ONL have you ever thought about management? The county board seem to like forward thinking people like yourself. Who knows we could win the Tommy Murphy cup yet  ::)

lfdown2

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 23, 2009, 01:37:34 PM

So you would prefer to see Down playing the likes of London, instead of the likes of Armagh, Donegal, etc. Looks like some of the "supporters" have accepted that we are now only capable of competing with the likes of London. ONL have you ever thought about management? The county board seem to like forward thinking people like yourself. Who knows we could win the Tommy Murphy cup yet  ::)

i think what ONL is saying and i would agree is that we would prefer to see down progress as far as possible whoever the opposition what ever about the management!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 23, 2009, 01:37:34 PM

There is no Tommy Murphy Cup anymore.

And of course I would rather a stiffer test than London, the team needs to be tested, I am just saying posters like you, Pangurban etc just cannot wait til Down exit the Championship so you can do more campaigning to get rid of Ross and DJ.

As for the management, I was very good at Football Manager on the PC, I know that was soccer but I am sure I could transfer my skills very easily.