Armagh v Monaghan round 1 qualifier

Started by orangeman, June 21, 2009, 06:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on June 30, 2009, 01:40:23 PM
I know for a fact that it hurt the Armagh boys. I have great respect for both sets of players, and what happened that day in Clones was plain wrong. I was standing outside the Paragon and I actually walked away when that crap started. There were grown men going crazy, throwing stuff at the bus etc.

I seen one fella who was a sunshine Armagh supporter the previous year when they won the All Ireland throwing beer cans at the bus and roaring abuse at them. 4 guards stood and watched the whole thing.

No team in Ireland deserves bad manners like that, and I'd be very annoyed if anyone ever did it to a Monaghan team.

I was at the paragon that day and never saw anything thrown at the bus and I watched it crawl all the way up the hill. People did bang on the side of it and step in front of it but I'll swear that nothing was thrown at the bus. Can't say I seen you there that day and it was the clown of sunshine Armagh/Monaghan supporter that had Monaghan so worked up for the game that day. The previous year it was hard to tell which county you where in at times. That was Monaghans motivation and that hurts more that any banging on a bus should. It wasn't right and I laughed at the time but didn't join in.

I'm sure Armagh did use it as motivation but if that what was driving them on that year, its no wonder they lost to Fermanagh.

Maguire01

Quote from: David McKeown on June 30, 2009, 02:00:23 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 30, 2009, 01:05:12 PM
It's amazing that there's all this hanging around and now Tommy could have 2 hearings inside a few days. A shambles.
What happens tonight if he is given 4 weeks (if that can even happen?) - will he still go for the DRA to try and get it quashed altogether?

Even if it is reduced to a four week ban will that not include at least one game at the same level and mean that Freeman misses the Armagh game in any event?
Yep, unless the ban is quashed altogether. If it's reduced to 4 weeks, Tommy would still miss Saturday, even though the Derry game was more than 4 weeks ago.

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on June 30, 2009, 02:09:57 PM
I know for a fact that it hurt the Armagh boys. I have great respect for both sets of players, and what happened that day in Clones was plain wrong. I was standing outside the Paragon and I actually walked away when that crap started. There were grown men going crazy, throwing stuff at the bus etc.

I seen one fella who was a sunshine Armagh supporter the previous year when they won the All Ireland throwing beer cans at the bus and roaring abuse at them. 4 guards stood and watched the whole thing.

No team in Ireland deserves bad manners like that, and I'd be very annoyed if anyone ever did it to a Monaghan team.

I was at the paragon that day and never saw anything thrown at the bus and I watched it crawl all the way up the hill. People did bang on the side of it and step in front of it but I'll swear that nothing was thrown at the bus. Can't say I seen you there that day and it was the clown of sunshine Armagh/Monaghan supporter that had Monaghan so worked up for the game that day. The previous year it was hard to tell which county you where in at times. That was Monaghans motivation and that hurts more that any banging on a bus should. It wasn't right and I laughed at the time but didn't join in.

I'm sure Armagh did use it as motivation but if that what was driving them on that year, its no wonder they lost to Fermanagh.

I walked away from the front of the Paragon, because I got hit on the head with a half full beer can aimed at the bus (they were probably happy enough that it hit me!!!). When I turned round, I seen two boys throwing empty cans. It turned out they didn't even go to the match!!

To be fair a few boys went over and told them to wise up, porper order.

Btw its a wonder you have time to be online today ;)

thebandit

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 30, 2009, 04:34:14 PM
It's amazing that there's all this hanging around and now Tommy could have 2 hearings inside a few days. A shambles.
What happens tonight if he is given 4 weeks (if that can even happen?) - will he still go for the DRA to try and get it quashed altogether?

Even if it is reduced to a four week ban will that not include at least one game at the same level and mean that Freeman misses the Armagh game in any event?
Yep, unless the ban is quashed altogether. If it's reduced to 4 weeks, Tommy would still miss Saturday, even though the Derry game was more than 4 weeks ago.

Would it not be backdated?

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on June 30, 2009, 04:44:24 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 30, 2009, 02:09:57 PM

I walked away from the front of the Paragon, because I got hit on the head with a half full beer can aimed at the bus (they were probably happy enough that it hit me!!!). When I turned round, I seen two boys throwing empty cans. It turned out they didn't even go to the match!!

To be fair a few boys went over and told them to wise up, porper order.

Btw its a wonder you have time to be online today ;)

I'll have even less time Thursday and then for a few weeks!!

Maybe they where aiming at you and hit the bus by accident  ;)

Maguire01

Quote from: thebandit on June 30, 2009, 04:44:50 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 30, 2009, 04:34:14 PM

Would it not be backdated?
Yes - it's backdated to the date of the game, but there's a minimum of a 1 match ban, even if the next match falls outside of the 4-week period.

Mid Mon

Any update on Tommy? Bandit i'm expecting u to be first to know!

thebandit

Quote from: Mid Mon on June 30, 2009, 09:36:17 PM
Any update on Tommy? Bandit i'm expecting u to be first to know!

No word yet..... I'll hear shortly

Mid Mon

I fully expect him to be available. But I'm not overly concerned if he's not.

under the bar

Armagh by 10 points - Just read Ronan Clarkes article in the Game where he reckons this will be the year they'll win Sam no 2. 

drici

Appeal ruled "out of order."

DRA next stop.

Mid Mon

omagh_gael

Quote from: under the bar on June 30, 2009, 10:47:46 PM
Armagh by 10 points - Just read Ronan Clarkes article in the Game where he reckons this will be the year they'll win Sam no 2. 

What or were do u find 'the game?'

thebandit

Quote from: drici on June 30, 2009, 11:06:07 PM
Appeal ruled "out of order."

DRA next stop.

I think that was expected.... joke of a process  >:(

balladmaker

QuoteI think that was expected.... joke of a process

What makes a joke of the process is that players won't accept their punishment, instead try to wriggle through every loophole in a system full of them.