Leinster hurling final - DUBLIN V Kilkenny

Started by orangeman, June 21, 2009, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on July 03, 2009, 09:57:57 AM
Quote from: bottlethrower7 on July 03, 2009, 09:35:40 AM

yep, the GAA have left themselves slaves to the corporate sector. They have to guarantee X amount of games per year.

By the way, is the ticket office at the back of the Cusack still open these times? Or where do they do the public sale from nowadays?

New GAA ticket office is on Dorset st, 2 doors up from The Red Parrot pub.

cheers. Yeah I just heard that. And I just heard that they only take cash. Good to see them moving with the times!

monny14

Kilkenny shud hammer dublin,but being frm galway hopefully it wil b a win 4 Dublin

Declan

Hope to head in on Sunday and I'm sure the dubs will give a good account of themselves.Realistically if they stay within 7/8 points of Kilkenny it'll be an achievement

Reillers

Realistically, Kilkenny should hammer Dublin, Dublin, like most, aren't anywhere  near Kilkenny. If they manage to get any sort of result against KK, then something will need to go terribly wrong for KK and Dublin will need to be perfect.

Dublin aren't near Kilkenny, no one really is, and to be blunt, bar a miracle Kilkenny will go through comfortably, probably hammer Dublin.

A lot will depend on how much of a fight Dublin will put up, if their attitude, which has been the attitude of all Leinster teams really when the play KK, is to keep the score down then it'll be a mascre, but if they give a fair old lash at it, then the game really will depend on Kilkenny, and how much of an effort Kilkenny put in, and how accurate they are.

If both teams play to their best there is no question about who'll win. Logic says it'll be a hammering. But hopefully Dublin will put up a fight and then well, when has logic ever applied to hurling.

orangeman

Ok - time to nail the colours to the mast -

Kilkenny have been here before many, many times - they're not going to be complacent today - pressure is on Dublin to give a good account of themselves - that's all the pressure they have  -

Kilkenny will have too much for them all over the field - Dublin and the big pitch ???

I expect it to be tight enough for about 40 -45 minutes and KK to pull away after that.

Kilkenny by 10 points.

Tankie

not looking good for the Dubs.....KK doing their usual build up of points and before a team knows it they are 7 points down...
Grand Slam Saturday!

orangeman

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

orangeman

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

orangeman

orangeman

1-10 to 0-7 at half time - Dublin lucky to be only 6 behind.

Dublin need to be careful - Kilkenny finish strong and could get hammered if they don't "front up" ( new expression apparently ).

29,427 in Croker.

awfulynice

umm Dublin are staying in it just about. I really cant see them winning, all the play is pretty much in their half. Dublin are worked really hard and are still 6 points down, I can see them tiring 20 - 25 minutes into the second half and kk might pull away

ok crowd at the match

Rossfan

Excellent crowd for a game most believe would be a foregone conclusion
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM