Armagh's best pub?

Started by Over the Bar, January 21, 2007, 09:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Sounds like a bat cave veteran I know who gets rid of unwelcome house guests by stripping naked and handing out boiled eggs.

The Gs Man

As I say lads.  Don't be going on past experiences.  Head up on Friday to the gig in the lounge and I guarantee you'll have a good night.
Keep 'er lit

stew

Devlin's bar is well run and they dont let the messers in and they have a reasonable pint of black but the harps club is great craic at times and there are more lunatics per square inch in there on match days than anwhere else in the county and that takes some doing.

It is great to go home after a year or two away and quaff porter  in the club and take a gander at the locals, there is nothing like coming home and realising that you are as big a lunatic as they are and it does your heart good to know that you belong there. :'(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Anyone confirm the rumour that an ex-Armagh player is taking over the running of a bar in Lurgan this week.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Tony Baloney

McKenna's is decent for Liverpool matches and for an hour or two on a Saturday evening. Apart from that the city is dung! The Gaslamp seems to have been overrun by Poles and Lithuanians.

Colonel Cool

Does this cover Armagh town or the entire County?
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

maddog

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 23, 2007, 11:34:46 AM
McKenna's is decent for Liverpool matches and for an hour or two on a Saturday evening. Apart from that the city is dung! The Gaslamp seems to have been overrun by Poles and Lithuanians.

I ventured past the Harps club once in the last few years into the darkside of town. I had a nosebleed. I'll stick to the club from now on. Guinness in Mickeys is shite by the way.

full back

Quote from: Colonel Cool on July 23, 2007, 11:54:17 AM
Does this cover Armagh town or the entire County?

The whole of the county colonel - feel free to stick you oar in

intoDwest

As a westerner that goes up to Armagh from time to time I can say that I do like Donnellys in slivebridge. Garveys is just downright scary, its the sort of place you wouldnt want to piss in. Its the most unwelcoming pub from the outside, noting to entice you to stop.

I must say some of the pubs in Cross are a good laugh also.

pintsofguinness

QuoteI didnt think you were allowed into Donnellys unless you had at least 5 generations living in Silverbridge. They dont really like strangers, but its not as bad as Garveys. Its like something from the twilight zone. Agree with you on Cross.
Old habits die hard but I'd expect most country pubs to be the same.
Garvey's is going up for sale today too. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hank Everlast

Mary Anns in Tullysaran is always good for a QUIET drink.... Very quiet!

lurganblue

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on July 23, 2007, 11:16:12 AM
Anyone confirm the rumour that an ex-Armagh player is taking over the running of a bar in Lurgan this week.

i heard that rumour before i left town a few weeks ago. it seemed a strong story at the time.

illdecide

Quote from: lurganblue on July 23, 2007, 12:50:41 PM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on July 23, 2007, 11:16:12 AM

i heard that rumour before i left town a few weeks ago. it seemed a strong story at the time.

Yes, the fresh story is out again. It's meant to be Morgans bar in Edward street, the 2 past Armagh players one from north Armagh and one from South Armagh have apparently put an offer in (again)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Just heard it's changed hands today.....
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

The Gs Man

Changed hands today I believe.  Is Gerry Taggart not supposed to be in on the act too?
Keep 'er lit