Non Irish Nationals Playing Games?

Started by Treasurer, June 18, 2009, 04:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treasurer

Friend of mine is involved in making a radio programme and is currently trying to track down any non irish nationals playign gaelic games.  If any of you know of any players who might be wililng to talk to her, can you drop me a pm please.

Thanks!

longball

Ryan McMenamin was born in Canada he would b happy to talk to her for a couple of pound.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

down6061689194

There's one problem.

Hes a c...

and 2

He doesnt play football!

Get in touch with County Boards, Down have a polish branch who played a game at a national league match once!

ziggysego

Stephen McDonnell of Armagh fan organised a tournament a few years ago here in the north. Not sure if it still continues, but it's a good starting point for your friend.
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

longball

Theres a lad from Poland that plays for Clogher Under 14s, he played MF in the championship final there and kicked 1-2 out of the 1-4 they scored.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Onion Bag

Im nearly sure Colleglend in Armagh have a Polish lad in goals for them on their senior team
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ExiledGael

Fella on RTE news on Tuesday night in Leitrim somewhere (Manorhamilton I think). Very athletic black fella who's on the county under-16 development squad. Think the story was he's being deported but can't recall his name.

DownFanatic

We once had a Queenslander from Ipswich (outside Brisbane) who lined out at full forward for our Reserves a couple of times.

Beir Bua

Give the Ulster Council a call they have be organising Have a go days for non-nationals for the last two years, they also have blitz operating on annual basis. Contacts can be got on www.ulster.gaa.ie

Jinxy

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 18, 2009, 05:39:50 PM
Fella on RTE news on Tuesday night in Leitrim somewhere (Manorhamilton I think). Very athletic black fella who's on the county under-16 development squad. Think the story was he's being deported but can't recall his name.

I think the movers and shakers in Leitrim will do whatever it takes to hang onto him!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

His name was Ahmed Abdul ( or the other way round) and he plays for the Sean O'Heslins in Ballinamore.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

45GoneShort

Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2009, 06:48:03 PM
His name was Ahmed Abdul ( or the other way round) and he plays for the Sean O'Heslins in Ballinamore.

Think he is originally from Roscommon.

Treasurer

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 18, 2009, 04:57:33 PM
We've quite a few over here Treas  :D

:D - ok maybe I phrased it badly!

Thanks for the leads lads.

Donagh

Who's that big lad that plays for Pearse Ógs?