Players grants to be axed - when will the strike start?

Started by stephenite, June 17, 2009, 07:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: talktothehand on June 25, 2009, 10:34:48 PM
well if a lad can get 30k a year on a training cotract in the AFL and can't get a job as a joiner what's he to do?
Yes because a job as a joiner would keep you in Ireland if you could play sport full time for 30k.

Stop talking shite and trying to scaremonger. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

cornafean

Quote from: talktothehand on June 25, 2009, 09:58:43 PM
the grants might be the only thing stopping some lads from emigrating.
I don't think so. Two or three grand a year won't stop anyone from emigrating. They could earn as much filling petrol from minimum wage on Saturday mornings.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

INDIANA

If a lad gets a chance of a professional contract he's fully entitled to take it. I know I would. Thats a side issue from grants. A grant will not stop anyone signing a professional contract.

theskull1

Quote from: talktothehand on June 25, 2009, 10:34:48 PM
well if a lad can get 30k a year on a training cotract in the AFL and can't get a job as a joiner what's he to do?

Read Indianas post above. Absolutely nothing to do with a debate about player grants
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

rrhf

Im wondering could we  the GPA arguing that other sporting organisations should not get the grant.  Its a very ruthless capitalistic world they entered on their own bat and they've just been caught out / ripped off.  Id love to know what the ministers make of dessi.  do they fell that he is a soft enough aul touch to get one over on like the rest of us.  I just hope big Sean dosent make an ass out of himself aligning himself with thon other guy.