Leinster JFC final - Longford v Louth

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 15, 2009, 01:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Wow!

The final is the warm-up before the Dubs take on Westmeath.

Glory days are here again. We won the All-Ireland in 1937 so hopefully we can take a big step Sun week in winning Leinster for the first time since 1953.

The auld fella was on the panel in 53 but got dropped when the Leaving Cert students came back on board.

He's still bitter!

Billys Boots

Any idea what the qualifying criteria for Junior Football actually is (at inter-county level) - I believe there are 12 of the Louth Senior panel playing on their Junior team.  Is it another joke competition, or is it just a Louth thing??
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Is it just me or is the tension mounting?  :D

Qwerty28

Well lads are any of ye going? Be far more entertaining than the Dublin westmeath game Id say!

Croí na hÉireann

The Dublin fans won't be the only ones going in late this Sunday if this is what the pre-match fare is...  ;D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

INDIANA

they couldn't heffo - anyone who played in the all-ireland run last year was inelligible.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on June 25, 2009, 12:52:46 PM
they couldn't heffo - anyone who played in the all-ireland run last year was inelligible.

Now that you mention it, that makes sense - TSS, Fingal Ravens/Darren Homan back playing Senior for Ballyboden..

Shamrock Shore

Game ended in a draw.

Replay somewhere, sometime.....!

Good game by all accounts. Did any 'Dubs from pubs' witness it?

Hound

Louth were winning by 4 or 5 points, but Longford came back well to get the draw. Number 25, not listed on the program, came on and made a big difference. Both teams had chances to win it at the death. Replay on Wednesday.

Declan

Caught the second half and Longford came back well and really should have won it I thought - Same no 25 had a great chance for a goal in the lead up to the equalizing point but dithered a bit. 

Billys Boots

#25 was Stephen Phillips, apparently.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Hound on June 29, 2009, 07:20:45 AM
Louth were winning by 4 or 5 points, but Longford came back well to get the draw. Number 25, not listed on the program, came on and made a big difference. Both teams had chances to win it at the death. Replay on Wednesday.

Wednesday, 8th July. Time and venue TBC.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Qwerty28

Longford were to have home advantage before game got moved to Croker so good chance it will be in Pearse Park

Shamrock Shore

Never thought this thread would get to 2 pages!

Watched the game on Shiteside. I am sure Duffy and Tierney (sounding more like Saint and Greavsie every day) enjoyed the facilities.

Hopefully Longford can seal the deal the next day out, wherever it is!

Billys Boots