Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 14, 2009, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

fred the red

slow corner back

boojangles

Quote from: hardstation on June 22, 2009, 10:54:14 PM
Also, this is a shit thread.

Which is suprising considering it is one of the most eagerly awaited games in years!!

Carmen Stateside

Was looking forward to an Antrim Tyrone thread from Hardstation after the great Antrim Donegal one, but i see someone has already started one.  Of course thats if Antrim win :)

Rois

Looking forward to driving to this with little or no traffic on my route down.

Belfast - Fivemiletown and over the mountain to Clones. 

Don't think I've ever been to Clones unless either Tyrone or Armagh were playing, it'll be interesting to see how other fans behave themselves. 

C'mon Antrim!!! 

Rois

Ah it got me down super-quick for Tyrone-Armagh. Should be virtually empty.

A Quinn Martin Production

Google suggests going via Aughnacloy...not sure that's the way I'd go.  You could go all the way to Maguiresbridge to Skea and in that way...about 12 mile longer but better roads??  Shouldn't be much traffic since as far as I can make out I will be the only Fermanagh resident going that way!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

aontroim

Would normally head down through Donaghmore / C'caulfield / Aughnacloy / Tydavnet / Scotstown and onto the main rd again about smithboro - never really had bother with traffic until hitting outskirts of clones.

Our Nail Loney

How about changing the title of the thread to the directions thread? Then start a new match thread?

aontroim

We are waiting on Hardstation to start the new match thread with a proper title.

Gold

abso brutal road to Roslea--up and down hills--brutal road--no signposts, nathin
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Quote from: Gold on June 23, 2009, 01:25:43 PM
abso brutal road to Roslea--up and down hills--brutal road--no signposts, nathin

the road from 5miletown i mean
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

A Quinn Martin Production

From the BBC

Antrim are likely to be without goalkeeper Sean McGreevy for Saturday's Ulster SFC semi-final against Cavan.

McGreevy was forced to retire to the sidelines in the early stages of the Saffrons' quarter-final win over Donegal with a groin injury.

Under-21 goalkeeper Peter Graham replaced McGreevy and is standing by to deputise again at St Tiernach's Park.

Cavan manager Tommy Carr will announce his side on Tuesday night, with the team expected to be unchanged.

Micheal Lyng and Paul Brady, who were unavailable for the win over Donegal, are likely to be named among the substitutes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/the_championship/7840395.stm
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

imtommygunn

Not much talk on this thread about football...

Best opportunity in many a year for both teams to get to a final.

I'd like to see Close come in for Cunningham for Antrim. If they play a 2 man ball winning FF line I think Close is much better equipped to play a third man out the field and he can hit the frees. Pity about McGreevy - big loss really.

How's Johnston's hamstring? He was really only half fit for Fermanagh which is a worry.

Also Antrim will need to mind that Reilly in corner forward is a very good free taker. Can't give away too many from his side.

I've went through fivemiletown years ago.

Over the mountain to Clones - is it well signposted or any mroe descriptive directions??