Ireland To Gaza

Started by give her dixie, June 13, 2009, 11:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Well folks, I think I need to start a new thread on this one.....

Following the success of the last "Viva Palestina Convoy", another convoy has now been planned to depart on October 4th to Gaza. This time, it will travel through Europe, then Turkey, Jordan, Syria and Egypt. Again, it will travel through the Rafah border into Gaza. This journey will take 16 days approx, and 4,000 miles.

Already, over 200 people in the UK have signed up, and I'm trying to recruit as many from Ireland as possible to go. In Derry, a group are putting together vehicles to go, and in Belfast and Dublin groups are also working on vehicles. On top of that, Cork, Galway, Mayo, and Leitrim are putting together vehicles. So far, we are looking at 15 vehicles filled with aid to join up.

Caoimhe Butterly from Dublin is a medic in Gaza, and recently she has been doing a few speaking events in Ireland. Together, we have been recruiting people for the next convoy, and she has compiled a list of medical items that are needed badly in Gaza. So, each vehicle leaving Ireland will contain medical aid that is urgently needed. Caoimhe has been in Gaza for 8 months, including the war, and she is one very brave woman.

If anyone is interested in joining the convoy, send me a message and I can give out more information. I can then put you in touch with a group from your area to join up with. It will require 3 weeks commitment which for some is too much, however, if you can spare a week, why not fly to Cairo and meet up with us and travel into Gaza along with the convoy.

The last convoy was an incredible experience, and this time there will be an even greater Irish presence. So, whatever level of support anyone can provide, please get in touch with me. Plus, very soon, the 1st GAA club in Palestine will be formed. I will keep you posted on that development as soon as I have it firmed up. So, if we have enough Irish people on the convoy, we might play the 1st Gaelic match in Palestine.........

The support and generosity from the board on the last convoy was incredible, and it really inspired me before and during the convoy. This time around, I know you can all pull together again and make a significant difference to the people in Gaza who live in the worlds largest prison. So whatever suggestions anyone has, please feel free to put it out for discussion. Lets see if we can have someone from each of the 32 counties and this time make it "Ireland To Gaza"..........................................

Ireland To Gaza
John Hurson

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Sandino

Well done John. Have you any details yet about when you will start collecting for the next run and also locations here in Tyrone where we can make donations? Also what sort of donations/items will you be looking for this time?  Keep up the great work.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

glens abu

thats sounds great John,when you have more details let us know what you need.