GAA- Things you thought you'd never live to see

Started by T Fearon, June 12, 2009, 02:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I was 8 when Liam visited, and 9 when Sam followed. I got up and sang The Offaly Rover for Padraig Horan and Sean Lowry respectively :D

tyronefan

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on June 12, 2009, 07:23:39 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2009, 07:22:51 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 12, 2009, 05:46:44 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 12, 2009, 05:41:12 PM

I had the Sam Maguire in my bedroom, beat that  ;D

Ok.........I had the Liam McCarthy in mine

I had both.

What the heck were the three of youse doing with them in your bedrooms??  :o

A Kilkenny man called George Leahy who I'm sure you never heard of but I'd say AZ has,brought it to our house as he was a great friend of my Grandfather who lived with us at the time and was manager of Laois back in the 80's when my Uncle played for them
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2009, 07:40:04 PM
I was 8 when Liam visited, and 9 when Sam followed. I got up and sang The Offaly Rover for Padraig Horan and Sean Lowry respectively :D

Padraig Horan...the man who scored a goal that wasn't a goal  against Laois  >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SLIGONIAN

Sam Maguire in my School...................

When Donegal won the All Ireland, they had to pass through Cliffoney after getting off the train in Sligo and got some reception from North Sligo and Brian and the players wanted to thank us by bringing Sam to all North Sligo schools, fair play. Quite an ironic sight seeing donegal flags everywhere, and Sligo people going bananas when its not there county but each to there own, these people wouldnt be seen dead at a Sligo game which also confused me as a 10yr old.

Ironically enough when Sligo win anything North Sligo is last place to see the trophy and only came down with Nestor on the cenetenary Club celebration in the weeks after, we pass through Traitors gate first to make a statement then through to Sligo town. I always believed we'd win Nestor a few times in my lifetime and still do, not sure about Sam. It would take a  overhaul of the CB and Bord na nOg to maximise our potential on that front.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Gnevin

Westmeath and Laois Leinster Champions
Galway in Leinster
Wexford in a  All-Ireland semi
A dull Dublin and Meath game .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

down6061689194

never kickt a ball

A hop ball thrown in the air, a 45 instead of a 50 and umpires wearing souped up, fancy coats.

Farrandeelin

Mayo winning a game by 20 points. I've seen us lose by big margins, stutter over the line and often fall short, but I honestly go to every Mayo match thinking it will be a close encounter. Clearly I've seen it all now. I hope we don't go and lose by 20 the next day.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Caid

GAA- Things you thought you'd never live to see

Fermanagh winning Ulster  :'( :'( :'(
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

rosnarun

QuoteSam Maguire in my School...................

If your still in there next September and be a good boy we might bring him on a return visit
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

jodyb

Quote from: Gnevin on June 13, 2009, 04:20:40 PM
Westmeath and Laois Leinster Champions
Galway in Leinster
Wexford in a  All-Ireland semi
A dull Dublin and Meath game .
And you really expected the saffrons?

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim footballers being taken seriously...for a few days

The Queen being played at HQ :P
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Jell 0 Biafra

A thread about things you never thought you'd live to see.