Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on November 22, 2014, 11:27:18 AM
Three park run PBs on the trot! Finally managed it in under 20 minutes - never thought I'd ever be able to run that! Only took 12 months and 26 attempts! Well chuffed. Huge Chinese and a wee whiskey or two this evening!

Brilliant CD. Which parkrun did you do?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 22, 2014, 02:32:28 PM
24:55 5k. Still in shock. Went off waaaayyy too fast but knew I was on a time so ground it out, my legendary thickness coming to the fore. Cant believe it.

Well done Seanie, great time!

I'd say the last few hundred metres were tough, knowing you were on track.

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 22, 2014, 06:29:47 PM
Had the sister out doing her first 5k run ever today, she turned 40 yesterday and took up running 8 weeks ago, fair play to someone like that, and to boot she was flat out, u see lots that trot round, she busted herself to go under 30mins and finished in 28:27, absolutely delighted for her.
I did my first race since the marathon, went for a "coffee" after work yesterday, home at 2 in the morning, nearly puked running but held out and came in under 20, so a belly full of Guinness takes about a minute off ur time!

Great running Seanie

Fair play indeed. Fortunately a lot more people doing this. I d be embarrassed to say what age I was when I ran my first competitive 5k, etc.
I come from a time when you were finished in sport at 30 but thankfully that has changed.
Look at Paul O Connell. Closer to 40 than 30 and the best he s ever been.
Ageism is as big a blight out there as any other -ism. But it is more acceptable now maybe that older people can run etc.

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2014, 12:17:46 AM
Quote from: CD on November 22, 2014, 11:27:18 AM
Three park run PBs on the trot! Finally managed it in under 20 minutes - never thought I'd ever be able to run that! Only took 12 months and 26 attempts! Well chuffed. Huge Chinese and a wee whiskey or two this evening!

Brilliant CD. Which parkrun did you do?
Queens MR. Some amount of lads setting great times on the board here and lots of regular runners at Queens setting great times too. Was a Perfect morning for running.
Well done seanie, muppet, bingo and mayo4sam!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

ballinaman

Great running lads...serious going!

Ya, LL, 1000s are decent. 2000s are bit more of a heavy duty version is all if you doing more mileage.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on November 23, 2014, 12:15:52 AM
Are the Asics gt1000 a decent shoe? SportsDirect.com are having a 20% off list price sale so I can pick up a pair for about 40e.
Only want something to get me over winter and into spring as the runners I used all year for Marathon training are well and truly knackered now.
I've seen some of ye mention the gt2000 so I'm guessing the gt1000 are an older version?

Gt1000 would be a lighter, less cushioned shoe than the gt2000.

I'd have both, using the 1000 for runs up to 10-12 miles. But have used them on longer runs and not a bother. A good shoe. Great at that price.

Mayo4Sam

When did the PR start in Ballina Moysider?
Belleek by the looks of it?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 24, 2014, 12:19:37 AM
Yesterday...
Brilliant to have it,will show the face at Christmas, Ardagh 5K stephenisis day too probably...

mb80b60

Quote from: ballinaman on November 23, 2014, 08:01:55 AM
Great running lads...serious going!

Ya, LL, 1000s are decent. 2000s are bit more of a heavy duty version is all if you doing more mileage.

I can vouch for the 1000s too.  Haven't given me any bother after around 250 miles or so.  Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the difference between the v1 and v2s?

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ballinaman on November 24, 2014, 12:26:14 AM
Yesterday...
Brilliant to have it,will show the face at Christmas, Ardagh 5K stephenisis day too probably...

I think you should stay in town stephens day, the Wild West is no place for a lad like yourself. Put the feet up, visit the relations.

Seriously, feck off!

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 24, 2014, 04:00:55 PM
Yesterday...

I think you should stay in town stephens day, the Wild West is no place for a lad like yourself. Put the feet up, visit the relations.

Seriously, feck off!
Ah ya can't ban me..10km on Stephens day in Ardagh was first race I ever did..13 yrs old in 52 mins..banjaxed so I was..still remember it.
Park run ballina on 20th,Ardagh on 26th and park run on 27th (hangover dependent)

Bingo

For anyone interested and in North East this weekend, we host our 5km this weekend in Castleblayney. Very decent course for a PB. Chip timed, good spread after it etc etc.

Starts at 2pm sharp on Sunday with registration online (check out runireland.com) for a tenner or on the day for €13.

I'm fed up winning the gaaboard prize every year, so some competition would be much appreciated!!  :)

laoislad

Muppet. Do you know what story is with collecting race numbers for Saturday?
I thought you would collect them on the day but I got an email saying something about they can be collected tomorrow.
That doesn't really suit me.
I actually thought they would be posted out but obviously not.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ballinaman on November 24, 2014, 05:03:23 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 24, 2014, 04:00:55 PM
Yesterday...

Seriously, feck off!
Ah ya can't ban me..10km on Stephens day in Ardagh was first race I ever did..13 yrs old in 52 mins..banjaxed so I was..still remember it.
Park run ballina on 20th,Ardagh on 26th and park run on 27th (hangover dependent)

Is there a 5k in Ardagh the same day?

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on November 24, 2014, 10:34:49 PM
Muppet. Do you know what story is with collecting race numbers for Saturday?
I thought you would collect them on the day but I got an email saying something about they can be collected tomorrow.
That doesn't really suit me.
I actually thought they would be posted out but obviously not.

I think they can be collected on the day. I plan to pick on mine probably on thursday as I am away till then. I can pick up yours if you want? PM me the details if you prefer that.
MWWSI 2017