Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: CD on November 29, 2014, 09:53:48 PM
Brilliant running muppet and ballinaman! Sub 17 5km is brutal! I don't think it would ever be possible to shift that fast. Ran Seeley Cup in Belfast today. Good event but I don't like the 3 laps idea! Set a pb of 42.30. Happy enough with that as a marker for next year- love to go under 41 and then aim for sub 40! Made good progress this year. Took my 5k from 24 to sub 20 and my 10 from 50 to 42.30. Ran my first half marathon in 1.40 and got to 21miles in my marathon training before injury set me back. For my first year running, I've gone way beyond my expectations. Next year, run the half marathon series and complete 3 marathons.

Good man.

I might aim that direction in the 5 & 10 next year, but not quite as quick.

But 3 marathons!
MWWSI 2017

charlieTully

Brilliant running muppet and ballinaman! Sub 17 5km is brutal! I don't think it would ever be possible to shift that fast. Ran Seeley Cup in Belfast today. Good event but I don't like the 3 laps idea! Set a pb of 42.30. Happy enough with that as a marker for next year- love to go under 41 and then aim for sub 40! Made good progress this year. Took my 5k from 24 to sub 20 and my 10 from 50 to 42.30. Ran my first half marathon in 1.40 and got to 21miles in my marathon training before injury set me back. For my first year running, I've gone way beyond my expectations. Next year, run the half marathon series and complete 3 marathons.

Done the seeley cup myself.  53.40 which is a pb for me so very happy with that.

muppet

Quote from: charlieTully on November 29, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

Done the seeley cup myself.  53.40 which is a pb for me so very happy with that.

Well done. Nice way to end the year off.
MWWSI 2017

charlieTully

Cheers. I get a lot of inspiration from this thread. The brother done it in 33.18. Different level altogether. 

muppet

Quote from: charlieTully on November 29, 2014, 10:29:22 PM
Cheers. I get a lot of inspiration from this thread. The brother done it in 33.18. Different level altogether.

Wow.

There was a mat at 10k in the half marathon today and the winner crossed it in 33:25!

He finished in 1:10:12.

Maybe next year.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

charlieTully

Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2014, 10:31:48 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 29, 2014, 10:29:22 PM

Wow.

There was a mat at 10k in the half marathon today and the winner crossed it in 33:25!

He finished in 1:10:12.

Maybe next year.  ;D

You never know. You must be delighted with your time today. Great going. 

Bingo

Fair play lads, super going all round.

imtommygunn

Great to see you guys progressing. Running shows you that you never know what you can do until you put your mind to it!

Bm i would say there's 30 seconds in you in a 5k. Parkrun too early so makes it difficult to hydrate / fuel properly.

magpie seanie

Brilliant running folks, well done to all especially the two Mayo bucks today. Serious going from both.

Mikhail Prokhorov

felt my calf muscle go last night, sore today but hopefully not too bad, any idea how long i should leave it before going out again, annoying as i was going well this month  :(

moysider

Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2014, 05:41:08 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 29, 2014, 05:33:27 PM
Well done to ballinaman also on his sub 17min 5k today.
Some going!

That is some running from where I am sitting. Well done.

Well done to both of you

CD

Quote from: charlieTully on November 29, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

Well done CT - I enjoyed it - I see there are loads of pictures of it here
https://www.facebook.com/mark.ramsey.52?fref=ts

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Bingo

Had our own 5km yesterday.

Massive success again with 770 registered runners on the day, gets bigger every year. Great buzz in town before and after.

Finished in 19.04, down on last years time. Literally ran to start line from closing off registration and tidying up that end of things but great day and a few nice pints last night after it  :)

Went back out and ran I with bingo Jnr and the missus and fair play to him he ran the whole way fora 32min finish. Best finish I ever had was the 3 of us running up to cross the line together. Was class  ;)

ballinaman

Looked a great race bingo. Saw video Gerry Duffy put up on FB. Serious warm up from the crowd!
Nice one on the run, not bad for zero warm up or prep...you can take 5 seconds off at least for that!
What brought it in? Serious runners up that way I reckon..15 half 16 ya?

Am doing a track session tonight with Victoria Park and Tower Hamlets club in London...they have GB lads and 2.15/16 for the marathons and a rake of quality. Should be an eye opener!

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on December 02, 2014, 09:22:23 AM
Looked a great race bingo. Saw video Gerry Duffy put up on FB. Serious warm up from the crowd!
Nice one on the run, not bad for zero warm up or prep...you can take 5 seconds off at least for that!
What brought it in? Serious runners up that way I reckon..15 half 16 ya?

Am doing a track session tonight with Victoria Park and Tower Hamlets club in London...they have GB lads and 2.15/16 for the marathons and a rake of quality. Should be an eye opener!

Cheers, was a great day and event. Huge mix for decent club runners, first timers and families running it together. I'll claim that 5 secs so  ;)

Conor Duffy won it in 15.23. He run off the back of getting called up to the Irish u23 squad for the European XC championships in a couple of weeks. A great local athlete and a sound chap as well.

That will test you tonight! Be interesting to see the level these lads train at.