Author Topic: British State Collusion  (Read 57888 times)

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
Re: British State Collusion
« Reply #570 on: December 10, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
You get a sense that  the deadlock at Stormont suits the British establishment very well since it puts historical inquiries on the back burner for a bit longer.

The deadlock suits them all because none of them want to be seen to concede an inch. That's what you get when you strip away the middleground and leave you with the extremists on each side

The other view is that you have Unionist Supremacists on one side and those who refuse to accept Unionist Supremacy on the other. 

FL/MAYO

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 15, 2018, 01:32:11 PM »
What revelations about Loughinisland did the Irish News make today, and what's the name of the upcoming documentary?   I read Lethal Allies, and it was very disturbing.

Documentary is called “No Stone Unturned” and is in cinemas next Friday

According to the Irish News, the documentary alleges
-One of the gang was a Special Branch Informant
-Informant told Special Branch when and where the attack would take place
-On the day of the attack, Informant told Special Branch attack was off due to mechanical issues with getaway car
-A women who was a civilian RUC worker twice informed the RUC that her husband was the shooter and informed the RUC who the other two members of the gang where.

I watched the documentary last night. They named the gang members and also have video footage of the shooter working in West Belfast. The shooter was an informer hence the attempted cover up.

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 15, 2018, 02:12:59 PM »
Anywhere to watch online?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

FL/MAYO

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 15, 2018, 02:34:40 PM »
Anywhere to watch online?
Amazon have it.

Oraisteach

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 17, 2018, 07:50:06 PM »
Watched the documentary last night. Naming the names was significant, as was acknowledging once more the collusion and the destruction of evidence. Given that it was a 2-hour programme, I knew I wouldn't be entirely satisfied. The cursory treatment of the Troubles leading up to Loughinisland was not surprising given the time constraints, as was the hasty treatment of the extent of the collusion beyond this particular massacre, but I suppose that's material for another documentary or six.