Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 443294 times)

stew

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #10395 on: September 16, 2017, 08:26:55 PM »
My mistake from 1967 and the end of Starr, 2 in 50 years is it not, 1996 and 2010, big title hitters alright, patriots have hit 5 in  the last 15yrs for comparison and they aint even Americas team!!

Quit when you are behind, to be fair you did not realise that Green Bay was called Titletown prior to your newly amended, cherry picked timeframe.

Even at that, 2 in fifty years is some handlin.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: September 16, 2017, 08:59:47 PM »
Like i said living in the past, 50 years is not a cherry picked time frame, normally you look at the past 10, 20, or 25 yrs then 50, saying you said they were title town for the number of titles they have won, you nearly have to go back 50yrs to find any sort of golden generation from Green Bay, They have been surpassed by the steelers, Patriots, even 49ers and Cowboys, Redskins and Giants have won more titles in the meantime
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:04:34 PM by Wildweasel74 »

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: September 16, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »
Like i said living in the past, 50 years is not a cherry picked time frame, normally you look at the past 10, 20, or 25 yrs then 50, saying you said they were title town for the number of titles they have won, you nearly have to go back 50yrs to find any sort of golden generation from Green Bay, They have been surpassed by the steelers, Patriots, even 49ers and Cowboys, Redskins and Giants have won more titles in the meantime
You were careless with your figures and you got bit, you then doubled down and mention teams that cannot even come close to Green Bays record, there are over thirty teams in the NFL and one winner every year, the Packers have won 7 titles in 56 years and two in the past 20 years, Green Bay is Titletown USA and will forever be Titletown USA because smply put, they are the best franchise in US sporting history, they have an unrivalled legacy of greatness, they have been sold out since forever and they will never play in front of a less than capacity crowd, the Packers are loved world wide and the people own them, not some billionaire venture capitalist like Cuban. Oh yeah, I am a Pats fan as I lived in Salem for two years before I sat foot in Green Bay.

You cant weasel your way out of those facts kid, aint happenin.  :P

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: September 16, 2017, 10:08:08 PM »
they are the best franchise in US sporting history, they have an unrivalled legacy of greatness,

There's a wee upstart team from New York, think they're called the Yankees or something similar, that might dispute that.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

RealSpiritof98

• View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: September 17, 2017, 12:19:19 AM »
Saturday night once again and yet again I get home from work at 10pm and now enjoying a glass of wine and loving college football. Florida gators game v good finish

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: September 17, 2017, 10:03:17 AM »
College football is a track meet, too much offence and not enough defence for me, the games can be great however if the team you follow is in a tight one with a top opponent, the thing that makes College ball great is the fact that one loss can kill your dreams, one loss out of 11 or twelve, talk about pressure.

I love the Badgers and Auburn, I hate the Michigan teams and Bama, Bama are ridiculously good.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: September 18, 2017, 10:51:05 AM »
Very, very poxy win for the Cardinals last night against an abject Colts team. 13-3 down in the 4th quarter and the one play they made, a long pass for TD to JJ Nelson brought them back into it. Then Dawson missed a 42 yarder to win the game as time expired. Luckily the defense made a play in OT, Honeybadger picking off Brissett. A couple of runs later and Dawson kicked the game winner for redemption.

1-1 but a very bad 1-1. It's going to be a long year unless Palmer stops hearing footsteps.