Captain Kennedy's King Biscuit Hour Charity gig.....

Started by The Gs Man, June 08, 2009, 11:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Ok, for those of you who are my buddies on Facebook, you'll know I've been plugging the shite out of this gig!

ALL proceeds from the gig will be going to the Ulster Cancer Foundation so if you can make it, brilliant!!!!

Here's the low-down:

QuotePRESS RELEASE

Plans for the biggest showcase of local bands Lurgan has ever seen are well underway. "Captain Kennedy's King Biscuit Hour" is scheduled to take place next Friday, June 12th in Barista at the Centrepoint Complex with all proceeds being donated to charity.

A number of high profile bands from across all genres have been signed up for the event and the line-up will include (in no particular order) Sinocence, Trucker Diablo, Captain Kennedy, Master Exploder, Iceman mcCann, Who's Joe? Silvercord, Gerdie Leathem, Baz McSherry and Dusty Miller from Germany. Headliners on the night will be Derry band Swanee River who have recently confirmed a number of high profile support slots across the UK with the likes of The Answer, Taste and UFO.

Local comedian Sean Hegarty has agreed to host the night and all proceeds from the event will be donated to the Ulster Cancer Foundation. Derek Brennan, new manager of Barista, has kindly offered the use of the 500+ capacity venue free of charge. Tickets for what is sure to be one of the highlights of the local music calendar are available from Barista, The Ceili House or any of the band members playing on the night. Tickets will also be available on the night of the gig. Doors open at 7pm with the first act performing at 8pm sharp. Minimum donation is £5.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=73154584791&ref=ts
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Oh, I done a wee interview for BBC Radio 1 NI tonight for this.  Tune in to Rory McConnell's show on Wednesday to hear my smooth talking.
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Quote from: The Gs Man on June 08, 2009, 11:30:27 PM
Ok, for those of you who are my buddies on Facebook, you'll know I've been plugging the shite out of this gig!

I ignore your updates on Facebook...

Seriously though, good luck.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on June 10, 2009, 04:47:14 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on June 08, 2009, 11:30:27 PM

I ignore your updates on Facebook...

So do I
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Gs Man

Funny guys!!!  :D

Uncharitable gits!  I shall await your donations on my justgiving site lads......... ;)
Keep 'er lit