Setanta Sport on the brink of collapse.

Started by mournerambler, June 08, 2009, 05:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 24, 2009, 12:17:41 PM
Not sure if someone has posted this before but for those of us in the UK the link below is excellent for watching RTE2 - its very good quality however it has jsut come back after coming off air for a while! But its better than nothing for watching the gaelic!

mms://live2.wm.rte.servecast.net/rte_wmlz_rte2-450.wmv

Cheers benny must try this out at the weekend

imtommygunn

Will RTE be able to broadcast GAA everywhere now (on the web)?

Was it not setanta that was stopping it being able to?

tyssam5

I think the US side of Setanta's operations is still going, so they would still have the international rights.

Louis the Red

Good news for those interested in American Sports.  Looks like you can now get ESPN America with just the Sky News Package - That is if you live in the 6 counties :)

http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/systemcontent/howtoget::uk

BennyHarp

Quote from: glens73 on June 24, 2009, 08:18:16 PM
Not sure if someone has posted this before but for those of us in the UK the link below is excellent for watching RTE2 - its very good quality however it has jsut come back after coming off air for a while! But its better than nothing for watching the gaelic!

Cheers Benny Harp for that. I've never heard of that before.

If you hooked a laptop to your PC when watching this would the picture be ok and could you fill the whole tv screen?

Better still hook your laptop up to your TV and put it on full screen view! The cable was £39.99 from PC world though and i also had to get a sound cable too - £10ish - which seems a bit of a rip off really!! Hopefully it will still be working by the time the sunday game comes on this weekend!!
That was never a square ball!!

FL/MAYO

Quote from: glens73 on June 24, 2009, 08:18:16 PM

Cheers Benny Harp for that. I've never heard of that before.

If you hooked a laptop to your PC when watching this would the picture be ok and could you fill the whole tv screen?

I hook my laptop up to my TV all the time, the picture is not to bad at all, it would probably depend on how good your internet connection is and how many people are on line watching the same stream as you.  

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 24, 2009, 10:50:32 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 24, 2009, 10:29:46 PM
This is THE cable to buy to hook your laptop/pc up to your tv, especially a LCD TV.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/7966588/Belkin-AV21401QP06-Pure-AV-Blue-Series-HD-15-HD-15-Super-VGA-Home-Theatre-Cable-1-8m/Product.html

Looks like i have been ripped off then  >:( I always just go buy the first thing i see!!!

It's hard to know with these cables. I was in Curry's the other day and seen HDMI cables for £100 and upwards!!! I got a HDMI cable for connecting PS3 to my LCD TV and its great, only cost £10, so not sure what difference one at £100 would do.

Caid

BennyHarp = legend
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

turk

Quote from: Louis the Red on June 24, 2009, 10:21:46 PM
Good news for those interested in American Sports.  Looks like you can now get ESPN America with just the Sky News Package - That is if you live in the 6 counties :)

http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/systemcontent/howtoget::uk

This channel is being received in the midlands unblocked now. there was a lot of baseball on it

Archie Mitchell

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but what will this mean for the UFC? Who will be showing this? Will ESPN buy the rights like they bought Setanta's rights to the Premier League and FA Cup games? Maybe Sky will try and get into the UFC, hope they don't make it PPV though like they do with the WWE main events.

Rav67

Quote from: Caid on June 27, 2009, 06:46:50 PM

BennyHarp = legend

x 2!  Great quality link.

FL/MAYO

Re: Setanta Broadband, do they ever respond to their email? I have sent 3 emails in the last 6 weeks with no response, the last one was to cancel my subscription which expired June 16 due to the non showing of GAA on broadband.I got no response from Setanta Broadband but they just billed me again  for another year of service. If this is how they run their business its no wonder they are in the trouble that they are in...customer service is non existant

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 28, 2009, 04:36:01 PM
Re: Setanta Broadband, do they ever respond to their email? I have sent 3 emails in the last 6 weeks with no response, the last one was to cancel my subscription which expired June 16 due to the non showing of GAA on broadband.I got no response from Setanta Broadband but they just billed me again  for another year of service. If this is how they run their business its no wonder they are in the trouble that they are in...customer service is non existant

Do you pay by direct debit or credit/debit card? If by direct debit, you can just cancel the direct debit and you will be fine. If credit/debit card could be trickier.