Martin Carney should commentate?

Started by Denn Forever, June 07, 2009, 08:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babarino

They should be looking to set up a FanZone, like they have on SKY.

It's too much to ask that you be neutral when your own county's playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: Sidney on August 26, 2013, 12:07:29 AM
Martin is prone to saying the same thing over and over and over again, it must be said.

Very much so.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

magpie seanie

screenexile

He's a joke! The first half of that game yesterday was a very poor standard from Mayo and Tyrone failed to capitalise on it. He then goes on to say it was a great half of football!

2 muppets commentating yesterday. Why can RTE and BBC not muster a decent commentator between them?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Utter shite yesterday form those two imbeciles ............................. Oul Marty gushing all over Mayo as hes lining them up for the 22nd and onwards so he can rattle the hole off as many mayo moths as he can......................the mans a weasel, and Carney  ::)

Jinxy

Switched over to BBC at half-time and their analysis was pathetic.
All about Tyrone domination despite the fact that Mayo had owned the ball for the 10 min before half time and had all the momentum.

haveaharp

If I hear carney say again "that was accidental" or "there was no malice in that" I swear I will have some sort of breakdown. He said it after Tadhg Kennelly tried to take the head off Nicholas Murphy in the first few seconds of the 09 all Ireland and many inappropriate times since. Mind you the hurling commentators are as bad "not a dirty stroke in the match" when there are lads boxing the heads of each other in the middle of the field (cork v Kilkenny). Carney seems to have certain counties that are beyond criticism - Kerry being the main one for some reason.

orangeman

We're any of the tackles particularly venomous yesterday ?

haveaharp

Quote from: orangeman on August 26, 2013, 12:32:46 PM
We're any of the tackles particularly venomous yesterday ?

Apart from the O'Shea attempt at removing Colm Kavanaghs adams apple not really.

Zulu

Quote from: Jinxy on August 26, 2013, 11:11:46 AM
Switched over to BBC at half-time and their analysis was pathetic.
All about Tyrone domination despite the fact that Mayo had owned the ball for the 10 min before half time and had all the momentum.

Definitely Ulstercentric but I thought it was decent enough, particularly compared to the joke shop that RTE has become.

galwayman

I think Michael Duignan shows in the hurling how effective the co-commentator can be when it's done right.
I think he is excellent.

seafoid

Quote from: galwayman on August 26, 2013, 12:53:27 PM
I think Michael Duignan shows in the hurling how effective the co-commentator can be when it's done right.
I think he is excellent.
Marty and Carthy are a bit like the Rose of Tralee phenomenon. Stuck in a 1970s rural Ireland vortex. Breheny is orbiting with them. Get someone younger and fresher in who knows their GAA. No need to patronise or target mediocrity.

Jinxy

Maloney & McStay are the only decent combination available.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on August 26, 2013, 02:50:00 PM
Maloney & McStay are the only decent combination available.
I wonder why that is. They must have a banjaxed audience sensor machine in Montrose. 

Ard-Rí

If I hear "It must be said" ever again ...
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí