Martin Carney should commentate?

Started by Denn Forever, June 07, 2009, 08:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talktothehand

Quote from: balladmaker on June 08, 2009, 12:04:09 PM
Martin McHugh gave the worst performance of a co-commentator that I have ever heard, during yesterday's Kerry v Cork game.  He continually interrupted Ireland's greatest commentator, Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh, and talked over him throughout the game!  I think even Micheál was getting pissed off at one stage.

mchugh is a bell-end!!

cornafean

Martin Carney got his facts wrong on the Last Word last night in saying that Fermanagh haven't beaten Cavan in the championship since 1914. He forgets the 2003 Qualifiers clash between these sides in Enniskillen, which Fermanagh won by 0-16 to 1-10.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

saffron sam2

Quote from: cornafean on June 09, 2009, 09:32:46 AM
Martin Carney got his facts wrong on the Last Word last night in saying that Fermanagh haven't beaten Cavan in the championship since 1914. He forgets the 2003 Qualifiers clash between these sides in Enniskillen, which Fermanagh won by 0-16 to 1-10.

A shocking, unforgiveable lapse from Carney. Hang the bastard.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ludermor

Did he not say they hadnt beaten them in the ulster championship?

longrunsthefox

Martin wonderful Carney is a wonderful commentator and is on a wonderful fee to say the word wonderful as often as possible... wonderful.

GBXII

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 09, 2009, 10:34:52 AM
Martin wonderful Carney is a wonderful commentator and is on a wonderful fee to say the word wonderful as often as possible... wonderful.

:D :D

cornafean

Quote from: ludermor on June 09, 2009, 10:28:44 AM
Did he not say they hadnt beaten them in the ulster championship?

No, he defnitely didn't say that. I actually like Carney as a co-commentator, he's probably the best of them, but I agree with Saffron Sam, we should hang the hoor for this one  ;D
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 09, 2009, 10:34:52 AM

Oh very much so!!!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

RadioGAAGAA

I think Carney is woeful.

Forever blowing on about those new rules that no one liked but himself (and maybe a few others in the media who clamour for change for change's sake).
i usse an speelchekor

meathie

Dont really like Carney, hate Martin McHugh rubish, the most over  critical, over bearing non complimentary commentator on tv. For me Marty Morrissey is the worst of the worst. drives me insane. I usually mute him and put MO'M in the background. I used to love listening to Jim Carney! I know lots hate him but his commentary on the 97 Meath v Kildare replay was my favourite ever. 

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: meathie on June 09, 2009, 03:21:17 PM
Dont really like Carney, hate Martin McHugh rubish, the most over  critical, over bearing non complimentary commentator on tv. For me Marty Morrissey is the worst of the worst. drives me insane. I usually mute him and put MO'M in the background. I used to love listening to Jim Carney! I know lots hate him but his commentary on the 97 Meath v Kildare replay was my favourite ever. 

I liked Jim Carney as well after his commentary of that match. He might not be the easiest to listen to but his enthusiasm for the game really shines through unlike Canning and Morrissey.

It would have been easy to commentate on that match though. Easily the greatest game I've ever been at. What did that fecker Jody Devine have for breakfast that morning!! 3-17 to 2-20 it finished up after extra time didn't it?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

orangeman

Martin should take the blinkers off when commentating on Mayo ad Donegall games.

He's too close and therefore not objective.

Gael85

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2013, 09:52:25 PM
Martin should take the blinkers off when commentating on Mayo ad Donegall games.

He's too close and therefore not objective.

Carney was so bad on the commentary today.Surely RTE can get neutral co-commentator for games.Its either Carney/McStay for televised games,need neurtral co-commentator for final someone like Colm O'Rourke

BennyCake

Can you imagine Brolly as co-commentator? He'd take over like he does in the RTE studio.

Sidney

Martin is prone to saying the same thing over and over and over again, it must be said.