FF/FG/PD legacy of greed - 400k on the dole!

Started by Donagh, June 05, 2009, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

If I were a Blueshirt, it would really make me despair if I thought people blamed FG for the current mess.

Billys Boots

QuoteIf I were a Blueshirt, it would really make me despair if I thought people blamed FG for the current mess.

There's a sitting FG Councillor in Fingal CC who, to my eyes anyway, makes Ray Burke look like Mother Teresa.  This 'behaviour' is by no means confined to FF, and I find it particularly galling that they're all blaming each other, when no-one can claim exclusivity for this practice.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rossfan

If FG had been in power any time over the last 12 years they would have had Labour as partners who would have kept them from stoking the property bubble the way BuilderFF did.
I used to be a FFr once. :o
But the sight of McCreevy in one of his moronic outbursts telling us " Let's all party haw haw haw. We've earned it Haw haw. There's loads of money in the country etc. The same week a neighbour's child got an appointment for their hearing to be examined in Tallaght hospital 13 months later while a local school was freezing the daylights out of children in the winter there were so many holes in it. That plus their efforts to make sure house prices kept on rising even if was to impoverish 2 generations cured me of  those ****s *******s *****s for ever.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

While FG are hardly angels, fiscal rectitude is one of their traditional values. In the 1970s they had weather the oil crisis in reasonable shape until FF came in 1977 and created an artificial boom borrowing money which lead to the hard times in the 1980s.

As for corruption, if money is available then you'll always find someone to take it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 05, 2009, 03:05:12 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 05, 2009, 02:39:13 PM
Members of the Oireachtas who are creative when filling in expenses' claim are bad enough but what of those who are lucky enough to be teachers?
Yep, they are still regarded as teachers and paid accordingly, even when they are in receipt of Dail salaries.
That means they are given incremental increases based on their years of "service."
Teacher TDs and senators are to be found on the government side and on the opposition benches, including independents.
There are a total of 20 there at present and in the meantime their posts are filled by temps without contract rights.
A senior minister right now is getting paid his ministerial salary plus a minister's pension, which kicks in after three years ministerial service.
If getting a pension while still in the job stinks, this character is also drawing the salary of a senior teacher, less the amount being paid to his substitute.
I estimate the difference to be in the region of €60,000. I may be out a bit but no more than €5,000 either way.
How can someone like this ask the unemployed and OAPs to tighten the belt and "wear the jersey," as he has done?

You really have it in for JOM don't you Lar? ;D
Honest to Jaysus, he never even crossed my mind!
I admit I had my good friend and former fellow-student, Inda, in mind okay.
I did ask him a few times when we'd be revving up the night before a Connacht final if the price of the last round came from the Dept. of Trade or the Dept. of Education.
For some reason, he never could give me a polite answer to a polite question!
Poor Johnno I imagine is totally out of the loop on this one- he is a retired teacher and not on secondment to the Funny Farm.
Nah, JOM is not the worst around at all. I think most of the lads who natter about Mayo football copped on long ago that I might not be 100% serious when I try to stir things up a bit there—just a tiny bit bored and maybe trying to provoke a response from someone or other, or maybe just from someone. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Billys Boots

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 05, 2009, 04:32:26 PM
QuoteIf I were a Blueshirt, it would really make me despair if I thought people blamed FG for the current mess.

There's a sitting FG Councillor in Fingal CC who, to my eyes anyway, makes Ray Burke look like Mother Teresa.  This 'behaviour' is by no means confined to FF, and I find it particularly galling that they're all blaming each other, when no-one can claim exclusivity for this practice.

Well, the discerning voters of Fingal have returned this despicable creature again - we deserve everything we get.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...