Tomorrow's Leaving Certificate English exam postponed

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 03, 2009, 09:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Leaving Cert English paper two rescheduled
    Wednesday, 3 June 2009 21:06
The State Examinations Commission has decided to postpone tomorrow's Leaving Certificate English papers, both Higher and Ordinary levels, after it emerged that students in one centre have already seen the paper.

The examination has been rescheduled to take place on Saturday morning using a contingency paper.

English paper two was opened by mistake at an examination centre in Co Louth this morning.

The error was immediately spotted and the papers were taken back, according to the state Examinations Commission.

It has confirmed that a number of students did see the exam paper.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Donnellys Hollow

I thought that the two English papers were both held on the first day? They have it easy nowadays!

Major screw up by whatever supervisor gave out the wrong paper
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

muppet

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 03, 2009, 09:25:28 PM
I though that the two English papers were both held on the first day? They have it easy nowadays!

Major screw up by whatever supervisor gave out the wrong paper

Apparently their hands get sore after paper 1.

Probably from texting the contents of paper 2 to everyone they know.
MWWSI 2017

Donnellys Hollow

The old History paper where you had to write five essays during one paper took the biscuit. The hand would be hanging off you by the time you'd started the fourth essay.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Gnevin

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 03, 2009, 09:33:12 PM
The old History paper where you had to write five essays during one paper took the biscuit. The hand would be hanging off you by the time you'd started the fourth essay.
Yeah higher level History was evil .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 03, 2009, 09:33:12 PM

After the Inter Cert I had to choose 4 subjects from 4 groups,History and Physics were in the same group and I could only pick one which was a **** as I loved the two subjects..ended up doing Physics
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Farrandeelin

I'm amazed that every poster until now finds this funny. My sister is doing her leaving cert and is up in a heap over this.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

DennistheMenace

I don't find this funny at all. Some peoples sister could be very upset over this.

downgirl

My friends said that when they were doing the LC they brought the papers from the Garda station on the day of the exam and then the supervisor had to sign something and someone taking the exam had to sign it or something too?  How could all people singing things and all get it wrong???  Would it not say English Paper 1 or 2 on the front of the envelope or whatever they come in???

Farrandeelin

Why thanks DennistheMenace. :P It's just that my sis was banking on getting a good English grade and she has a headache and is very upset now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2009, 10:15:18 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 03, 2009, 09:54:20 PM
Why thanks DennistheMenace. :P It's just that my sis was banking on getting a good English grade and she has a headache and is very upset now.
Why? Surely an extra few days to revise would be appreciated.

Don't try to analyze a woman's mind, it'll wreck yours.
MWWSI 2017

saffron sam2

Why do free staters do an exam in the tongue of the Planter?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Treasurer

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 03, 2009, 09:45:35 PM
I don't find this funny at all. Some peoples sister could be very upset over this.

I work with adults who are already in a heap about this exam, this kind of upheaval could be enough for some of them to baulk completely.

bingobus

Massive feck up here by the supervisor, who apparently didn't follow the procedure in place to prevent this and then when he/she realised the mistake, said nothing and it was left to the principle of the school to get wind of it at 4pm when it was too late for replacement paper to be distributed.

I'd say alot of time was wasted by students last night who had got word of the genuine papers contents.

It will also mess up Saturday for alot of students who had a study plan in operation.

Massive error and more stress on an already overly stressful time for young ones.