Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Go where the weather is good. Literally. Makes all the difference, even if it restricts where you can stay and if it costs you more to book ad-hoc.

illdecide

A lot of people pick the West Coast of Ireland (and rightly so) but the sunny south east is beautiful too. Wicklow, Wexford & Waterford are def worth visiting and you will get better weather there too. It's been a few years from i've been there so hopefully they haven't lost any of their beauty.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 5times5times on July 13, 2020, 10:35:38 AM
Members of the board..

Looking to spend 7-9 days in Sept/Oct. Ideally starting in Dingle direction, then working our way up the west coast.

Kerry/Clare/Mayo/Galway?

Any recommendations on where to go & how long for? Say starting in dingle for 2/3 nights?

Stayed in a Airbnb about five minutes drive from Dingle last year, which allowed us to do a bitta travelling around the local sights. We didn't get one bad meal in any of the eateries.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

5times5times

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2020, 10:58:29 AM
Members of the board..

Looking to spend 7-9 days in Sept/Oct. Ideally starting in Dingle direction, then working our way up the west coast.

Kerry/Clare/Mayo/Galway?

Any recommendations on where to go & how long for? Say starting in dingle for 2/3 nights?

Stayed in a Airbnb about five minutes drive from Dingle last year, which allowed us to do a bitta travelling around the local sights. We didn't get one bad meal in any of the eateries.

Is 3 nights in Dingle enough? We've about a 4/5hr drive to get there.   

Day 1 will be the journey down. Day 2 maybe a long drive? Then last day do the fungi/blasket island tour?

Milltown Row2

We stayed 4 nights, left Belfast about 6.30 in the morning and with a couple of stops here and there we  got there mid afternoon, no traffic issues at all but my wife's hates me driving as I'd just travel flat out to get there !

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: 5times5times on July 13, 2020, 11:11:54 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2020, 10:58:29 AM
Members of the board..

Kerry/Clare/Mayo/Galway?

Is 3 nights in Dingle enough? We've about a 4/5hr drive to get there.   

Day 1 will be the journey down. Day 2 maybe a long drive? Then last day do the fungi/blasket island tour?

Do the Slea Head drive. Stop at Coumnoule Beach where they filmed part of Ryan's Daughter. Absolutely stunning spot. I've not done the walk over to the end of the peninsula, but it's meant to have stunning views.

manfromdelmonte

Apart from the scenery out from dingle, I actually don't like it as a town.
It might be better this year with less yanks floating about

West cork is beautiful.
With all the peninsulas you could easily do 5/6 days there

5times5times

Cheers gents. We had planned Dingle, up the coast to Doolin/Ennis, then either onto Mayo and home, or up to Galway.

And yes ideally less yanks than usual!!!

ONeill

Fcuk yiz, I'm off to Ibiza for a David Guetta rave.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 13, 2020, 01:56:39 PM
Apart from the scenery out from dingle, I actually don't like it as a town.
It might be better this year with less yanks floating about

West cork is beautiful.
With all the peninsulas you could easily do 5/6 days there

I'd a great experience of Dingle to be fair. Food pints great. West Cork also the business

An Watcher

Anyone been out at Padraig Pearses cottage in connemara? Heading to salthill in August and thinking of taking a scoot out there. Don't think the wanes would be too interested though!

trailer

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2020, 03:02:20 PM

I did this with the lads 4 years ago. Deadly. 4 nights in Ibiza, paid a bit extra for the VIP experience but well worth it. The flight home is very different from flight there.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: trailer on July 13, 2020, 05:03:02 PM

I did this with the lads 4 years ago. Deadly. 4 nights in Ibiza, paid a bit extra for the VIP experience but well worth it. The flight home is very different from flight there.
Spaced out?

trailer

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 13, 2020, 05:40:59 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 13, 2020, 05:03:02 PM

Spaced out?

LOL No, but it was a lot quieter.

5times5times

Have many traveled to usual summer hot spots? Spain / Canaries / Portugal?  Hell of a lot cheaper than touring around Ireland atm!!

Flights look cheap as chips to all around Europe Sept/Oct time!