Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 233190 times)

HiMucker

• View Profile
Re: Holidays
« Reply #1800 on: March 11, 2019, 02:17:58 PM »
The staff at security at Belfast Int would be at best described as arseholes. I have no evidence of this but they strike me as failed UDA applicants

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 11, 2019, 07:09:10 PM »
We were in Brussels recently for a weekend
Well worth a visit.

Sorting out Brexit ?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 11, 2019, 07:56:59 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47521609

Anyone travelling from Belfast International today? Queued out the door at 8am apparently. A guy in work just landed into the office having been supposed to be in London this morning. He said he arrived over an hour and a half before his flight and had fast track security but missed the flight.

I do a lot of travelling with work and BFS is an absolute joke of an airport in terms of security and the staff are some of the worst I have ever encountered. Compares very unfavourably with Dublin Airport
It is a horrible place BUT it is a vicious circle, and is suffering from people coming too early for their flights.  I am convinced that if they only let people into the security queue whose flights were leaving in the next, say, 2 hours, the trouble wouldn't be half as bad.  Belfast Intl is the airport for holiday flights, and often infrequent travellers who don't mind being there 4 hours early as they'll start their trip in the restaurants or bar.  The queues have made prudent flyers even more prudent, which results in clogging up security even more at peak times.

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 11, 2019, 09:19:52 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47521609

Anyone travelling from Belfast International today? Queued out the door at 8am apparently. A guy in work just landed into the office having been supposed to be in London this morning. He said he arrived over an hour and a half before his flight and had fast track security but missed the flight.

I do a lot of travelling with work and BFS is an absolute joke of an airport in terms of security and the staff are some of the worst I have ever encountered. Compares very unfavourably with Dublin Airport
It is a horrible place BUT it is a vicious circle, and is suffering from people coming too early for their flights.  I am convinced that if they only let people into the security queue whose flights were leaving in the next, say, 2 hours, the trouble wouldn't be half as bad.  Belfast Intl is the airport for holiday flights, and often infrequent travellers who don't mind being there 4 hours early as they'll start their trip in the restaurants or bar.  The queues have made prudent flyers even more prudent, which results in clogging up security even more at peak times.

Matters are made worse by no one taking supervisory action to alleviate difficulties.  For example this morning's queue could have been made more pleasant by duding it into the bag drop area and keeping people indoors or last Monday managing the through traffic past the queue for McCauslands.  No one in management makes any attempt to  do their job with the public.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 11, 2019, 09:23:48 PM »
We were in Brussels recently for a weekend
Well worth a visit.

Sorting out Brexit ?
Sorting out Gaelic Football in the European Parliament and eating waffles
Lookit

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 11, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »
I read an interesting reply to a thread on twitter talking about high staff attrition saying the replacements were taking ages to get security clearance so they canít do their full duties meaning despite looking like they are fully staffed they arenít.

Dunno how much truth there is in it mind.

It does not look like any management care. Theyíll care when no one uses the airport. Itís only hope is a hard border making it harder to go to Dublin if things donít change. Things only change when people want them to and hard to see evidence of that at present.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 12, 2019, 08:30:28 AM »
I thought I heard that G4s were taking over so the staff are getting shafted and are on the go-slow??

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bigfrank

• View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 12, 2019, 06:59:45 PM »
Any help or advice on planning a honeymoon?? Any travel agents you would recommend or people I should talk with for ideas and best prices,thanks

belfastkev

• View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 12, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »
Any help or advice on planning a honeymoon?? Any travel agents you would recommend or people I should talk with for ideas and best prices,thanks

We sorted ours through Trailfinders in Belfast. Kenyan safari and Zanzibar. They were great to work with.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 12, 2019, 07:40:12 PM »

Iíd also recommend Trailfinders. Particularly Sarah Moore in their Belfast branch who was absolutely superb with us.

bigfrank

• View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 14, 2019, 10:21:59 PM »
Anyone been to the Maldives may/June time or anything during the 'rainy/wet' season,going by google they happen often enough but pass quickly and it's still always warm. Are they annoying enough to put you off going back during that period??

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 29, 2019, 02:10:57 PM »
Has the queues for security at Belfast International Airport calmed down any in the past week or 2?

Aristo 60

• There's no goal like a Down goal!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 29, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
I would also like to know this.