Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 297867 times)

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
Re: Holidays
« Reply #2400 on: July 21, 2020, 12:15:19 PM »
More to the point, surely you'll have no holiday insurance to cover you if the official advice is not to travel unless it's essential?

Also correct

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 21, 2020, 12:27:20 PM »
More to the point, surely you'll have no holiday insurance to cover you if the official advice is not to travel unless it's essential?

Also correct
Its not exactly clear. Politicians coming out with one thing but official government advice below saying another.

Exempt countries and territories list
Countries and territories exempt from advice against Ďall but essentialí international travel:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel#exempt-countries-and-territories-list

Europe
Austria
Andorra
Belgium
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France (overseas territories of France are listed separately, where included in the exemption)
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
The Netherlands (not including the constituent countries and special municipalities located in the Dutch Caribbean)
Norway
Poland
Portugal (only The Azores and Madeira)
San Marino
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:30:46 PM by HiMucker »

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 21, 2020, 12:32:34 PM »
So Spain is exempt, but next door Portugal is not...except for the Islands? Is that correct?

I know someone who went to Portgual just last week.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 21, 2020, 01:28:09 PM »

Also correct

No I got holiday insurance  with no issue on Friday.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 21, 2020, 01:52:32 PM »
So Spain is exempt, but next door Portugal is not...except for the Islands? Is that correct?

I know someone who went to Portgual just last week.

You can go to Portugal, you just have to take another 2 weeks holidays when you come back....

Now the list is to be reviewed next week possibly so that can change, Spain could lose its Green status for instance and Portugal could gain one, all depending on spikes in the countries I suppose
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 21, 2020, 03:01:08 PM »
Thanks. Seems a very odd approach. Genuinely also came as complete surprise to me yesterday. I have holiday booked from last year. I was prepared to forego it but once the quarantine was lifted I thought it was all good to go, especially as that is how it was portrayed in media. If a sitting politician was confused im sure there are many many more out there like myself. Today Arlene says we can go, Michelle says we shouldnt.

Hard to keep up at this stage. I also could not find that link anywhere yesterday(inclusive of part on essential travel). Admittedly I may have missed it somehow.

There is a set of things that government encourages you not to do, but does not actually pass a law prohibiting you doing this. Holiday abroad are now in this category, even if you go to a country with limited transmission you are mingling with people from different places and some of those come from dodgy places.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 21, 2020, 03:03:07 PM »

Also correct

I hope you've no reason to use it, these companies are snakes. Any excuse not to pay.

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 21, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »

Also correct

I hope you've no reason to use it, these companies are snakes. Any excuse not to pay.

Selling insurance with no intention to provide cover is fraud.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 21, 2020, 03:52:11 PM »

Also correct

You can't buy insurance for foreseeable events, any company provided that went out of business years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 21, 2020, 04:04:10 PM »

Also correct

No, it's a strategic use of a grey area to limit your liability.

Not exactly moral, but not exactly illegal.

Right now, travel insurance is a definite grey area.

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 21, 2020, 04:14:36 PM »

Also correct

No, it's a strategic use of a grey area to limit your liability.

Not exactly moral, but not exactly illegal.

Right now, travel insurance is a definite grey area.

No, it's fraud and it's most definitely illegal to sell a policy that the seller knows at point of sale to be invalid. There is no difficulty in excluding from policies liabillity for Covid treatment and associated risks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:26:44 PM by five points »

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 21, 2020, 04:15:17 PM »
You can't buy insurance for foreseeable events, any company provided that went out of business years ago.

You miss the point. See above.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 21, 2020, 11:57:26 PM »
The green list is out.  A choice of Malta, Finland, Norway, Italy. Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Slovakia, Greece, Greenland, Gibraltar, Monaco, San Marino

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/green-list-names-released-of-15-safe-countries-for-travel-without-quarantine-on-return-1.4309906?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 22, 2020, 12:03:19 AM »
The green list is out.  A choice of Malta, Finland, Norway, Italy. Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Slovakia, Greece, Greenland, Gibraltar, Monaco, San Marino

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/green-list-names-released-of-15-safe-countries-for-travel-without-quarantine-on-return-1.4309906?

No visitorís to Belfast from the South then? Can I go to Donegal?  ;D
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 24, 2020, 01:24:57 PM »
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-advice

The Bradshaw Amendment. Hardly a peep about it.

Good to go now