Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 279291 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Holidays
« Reply #2220 on: May 05, 2020, 11:51:19 PM »
Is the social distancing on the plane not a waste of time with the air being recycled through the aircon anyway ?

aircraft filters stop viruses, you will probably get it directly.
Who told you that one?

Feckin' scientists
https://www.who.int/ith/mode_of_travel/tcd_aircraft/en/

What do they know? Karen says they are a hot bed of virus activity

But all joking aside if youíre sitting less than a metre from someone sharing toilets is it safe?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: May 06, 2020, 12:00:19 AM »
dress for the occasion

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

maddog

• View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: May 06, 2020, 09:06:24 AM »
Is the social distancing on the plane not a waste of time with the air being recycled through the aircon anyway ?

aircraft filters stop viruses, you will probably get it directly.
Who told you that one?

Feckin' scientists
https://www.who.int/ith/mode_of_travel/tcd_aircraft/en/

Interesting as the news piece i saw on the aer lingus flight yesterday suggested that the aircon negated the social distancing. I know anytime i fly i often get slight head cold few days later. I'd like to think the link from WHO is correct for all airlines and aircraft.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: May 06, 2020, 12:36:10 PM »

Interesting as the news piece i saw on the aer lingus flight yesterday suggested that the aircon negated the social distancing. I know anytime i fly i often get slight head cold few days later. I'd like to think the link from WHO is correct for all airlines and aircraft.

In airports and aircraft you come into contact with a lot of people, however the air con is more sophisticated than the average building. The pressure changes always kick off sinus problems for me.

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: May 12, 2020, 09:57:58 AM »
Well lads any thoughts on the way holidays will go now?
Still in limbo but think all will go my side leaving me in a-tricky position
Donít really want to go but if cancel will loose my deposit

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: May 12, 2020, 10:09:17 AM »
Well lads any thoughts on the way holidays will go now?
Still in limbo but think all will go my side leaving me in a-tricky position
Donít really want to go but if cancel will loose my deposit

Still hard to see air travel in July from Ireland you'd imagine there would still be an advisory against travelling in which case you'd be entitled to a refund from flights at least. Depending on where you booked the accommodation it should be the same.

Tough situation though. Have airline or accommodation offered to move the date?? We had that option a good while before it became 2 weeks before travel and refund was available.

Good luck!

Just booked a weekend in Dublin at the end of August with free cancellation. . . who knows if it'll go ahead but something to look forward to I guess. The kids have only been to that shit hole of a zoo in Belfast it would be nice to take them to a proper one!

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: May 12, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »
Thanks Screen
A cost of 200 to move the holiday which is a joke
They have said that all going ahead in July at the moment so canít claim it back until they officially cancel it themselves
If the flights go and hotel open leaves me that itís goong ahead and canít claim anything back

GiveItToTheShooters

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: May 12, 2020, 05:24:35 PM »
I am still seeing people booking holidays abroad for the late summer. Morons wouldn't be the word.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: May 12, 2020, 07:22:25 PM »
I am still seeing people booking holidays abroad for the late summer. Morons wouldn't be the word.

Spain is likely to allow people in if they isolate for 14 days, so someone with a house there could likely go if they are happy to sit on their own terrace and have food delivered.
Heading to an all night disco in Ibiza wouldn't be on.

GiveItToTheShooters

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: May 12, 2020, 07:43:05 PM »

Spain is likely to allow people in if they isolate for 14 days, so someone with a house there could likely go if they are happy to sit on their own terrace and have food delivered.
Or do what anybody normal would do and self isolate at home, without going to another country where its gonna be like a ghost town anyway.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: May 12, 2020, 09:17:28 PM »

Or do what anybody normal would do and self isolate at home, without going to another country where its gonna be like a ghost town anyway.

Some people find great heat appealing, not sure why.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 12, 2020, 10:06:51 PM »
Booked a weekend in Dublin at the end of August in case things do start going well again... probably wonít get but sure something to look forward to if it happens but who knows what could happen between now and then!!

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: May 12, 2020, 11:56:32 PM »

Some people find great heat appealing, not sure why.

Ginger people donít
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: May 22, 2020, 02:23:58 PM »
Is there a government direction that you must quarantine for 2 weeks once you get back from overseas? Is there a link to that?

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: May 22, 2020, 02:32:07 PM »
Jet2 flights and holidays starting on 1 July so normal cancellation policies apply after that now.