Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 266911 times)

Under Lights

• View Profile
Re: Holidays
« Reply #2130 on: February 25, 2020, 09:29:55 AM »
Anyone done Centre Parcs in Longford yet?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: February 25, 2020, 09:33:28 AM »
Anyone done Centre Parcs in Longford yet?

It's been covered a few times but the main points are it's brilliant but expensive.

Bring your own bikes, don't eat out too often and spend a lot of time in the pool which is brilliant anyway.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 14, 2020, 11:07:00 AM »
Jet2 cancelling flights and holidays to Spain including Canary Islands this morning. Does this effect anyone? I am due to go to Lanzarote 1st week of June with the wife and kids. Havenít a clue what way this leaves me now or even what to do. Cancel and lose the deposit or wait and see?

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 14, 2020, 11:11:11 AM »
Jet2 cancelling flights and holidays to Spain including Canary Islands this morning. Does this effect anyone? I am due to go to Lanzarote 1st week of June with the wife and kids. Havenít a clue what way this leaves me now or even what to do. Cancel and lose the deposit or wait and see?

I think if airlines cancel flights you are entitled to a refund or reschedule.

I would suggest people start following Martin Lewis on Facebook/twitter/Instagram

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=540806539&ref=content_filter

Check out Martin Lewis on Twitter.
Founder @moneysavingexp, @mmhpi &(ish) @itvmlshow.

https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis?s=20

Website

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/martin-lewis-biography/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:16:40 AM by Solo_run »

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 14, 2020, 12:51:42 PM »
Wife was due to fly to the canarys with her friends today but decided it was best not to. Not all the friends agreed and some have went on ahead. Jet2 cancelled all their flights but they had a package that included easyJet flights. They go ahead. Has to take the financial hit

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 14, 2020, 12:56:31 PM »
Wife was due to fly to the canarys with her friends today but decided it was best not to. Not all the friends agreed and some have went on ahead. Jet2 cancelled all their flights but they had a package that included easyJet flights. They go ahead. Has to take the financial hit

Both my kids hockey tour with school cancelled, doubt there will be refund but hey they are (so far) healthy!

Not expecting any refunds, not that Iím worried about that, just would have preferred that had the trip or it was deferred to a later date
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 14, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »
Yeah a deferral option would have been nice.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 14, 2020, 02:54:23 PM »
The in-laws were booked for a cruise around the Gulf of Mexico, starting in Florida, has been cancelled by the cruise company, they werenít going till mid May!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 14, 2020, 03:32:24 PM »
The in-laws were booked for a cruise around the Gulf of Mexico, starting in Florida, has been cancelled by the cruise company, they werenít going till mid May!

Will they get a refund?

Hopefully they will.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 14, 2020, 03:37:23 PM »

Will they get a refund?

Hopefully they will.

Seems so, theyíd have paid by credit card anyways so Iíd assume theyíll get that back.

Iíve holiday booked and paid for, Portugal end of July, friend paid it by credit card I paid him! Hopefully covered  :-[

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 14, 2020, 04:16:22 PM »

Will they get a refund?

Hopefully they will.

Seems so, theyíd have paid by credit card anyways so Iíd assume theyíll get that back.

Iíve holiday booked and paid for, Portugal end of July, friend paid it by credit card I paid him! Hopefully covered  :-[

Good stuff. I don't think anybody will be on holidays this summer - even in Ireland.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 14, 2020, 05:00:00 PM »
Update on this one is that the mates sat on a plane at the airport for about 3 hours before being told it is now cancelled. Hopefully a refund or deferral will follow.

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 14, 2020, 05:19:08 PM »

Flew back from Salzburg with Jet2.com this morning.  Got a text from them yesterday, saying everything would be going on time. All trains from Austria into Italy were suspended earlier in the week but, other than that, no real difficulties in travelling round Austria all week & into Munich yesterday.

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 14, 2020, 08:40:27 PM »
Just cancelled trip to France for start of July

Not worth worrying about it for the next 3 months

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 15, 2020, 06:44:18 PM »
Just cancelled trip to France for start of July

Not worth worrying about it for the next 3 months

Meant to go to Salou end of May Iím cancelling f**k all yet until I can get my money back on it!

Not really worried to be honest what will be will be but until I can get the go ahead Iím getting money back Iím not changing anything. If Spain is free to travel to at that time Iíll make a call as to whether itís safe for us to go or not but no point guessing at this stage with so much money involved!