U21 County Tournament

Started by Sludden, January 19, 2007, 10:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sludden

Tyrone ,Dublin, Kerry, andMayo, will take part in a 4 county u21  tournament this weekend in Claremorris Co-Mayo , with Mayo playing Kerry , playing in 1 semi final tomorrow Sat Jan 20th, at noon , with Dublin playing Tyrone at  2.30pm , in the 2nd semi final.  With the 2 winners meeting in the tournament final on Sunday at 2.30, and the beaten semi finalists meeting in a 3rd and fourth place play off on  Sunday also at midday . All counties involved will see the tournament as a good early season workout ,  but what team will Tyrone field , will any of the players currently involved with the colleges in the MC Kenna cup be allowed to travel to Mayo , remember Mickey does not manage the u21 team

never kickt a ball

Don't see any problem Sludden. They are not playing for Tyrone this weekend against Cavan. Remember that agreement. Suits ALL parties concerned  :P

trueblue

any word on who won this tournament at the weekend? what sort of a team had tyrone got out,many lads missing?

Mayo4Sam

Kerry beat Mayo 2-8 to 0-9 in one semi and the dubs won the other
Tyrone & Mayo drew in the 3/4th play-off, i'll post the teams over lunch
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

nrico2006

I couldnt see tyrone having a strong team out with so many players playing the mckenna cup at the weekend with their universities.  Maybe Im wrong, be interested to see the team
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tayto

Mayo4Sam

Mayo: Shane Nallen, John Healy, Ger Cafferkey, Colm English, Tom Cunniffe, David Kilcullen, Colm O'Boyle, Seamus O'Shea, Tom parsons, Aidan campbell (0-1), Pearse Hanley (0-2), Andy Hanley, Enda Varley (0-3), Mark Ronaldson ((0-1), Brian Benson (0-1) Subs;: Liam Tunney, Micheal Divilly, Adrian McManamon & James O'Boyle

Kerry: B. Keeley, P. Reidy, K Young, D O'Connor, Colin O'Mahony, D O'Se, D Doyle, A Greaney (0-2), A O'Sullivan, D Culloty, Brendan Browne (0-1), K Brennan, D Moran, J Buckley(2-0) A O'Sullivan (0-4) Subs: M O'Donoghue (0-2)

Mayo: Micheal McNulty, Seamus O'Dowd, David Kilcullen, Brian Gibbons, Daarrgh Hughes, Alan Egan, Ronan Rochjford, Seamus O'Shea, James Mulderrig, Mark Leonard, Adrian McManamon, Niall Costello, Paraic O'Connor, Mickey Divilly, Clifford Connolly Subs: Pearse Hanley for O'Shea 20min, Enda Varley & Aidan McTigue for Mulderrig & Costello HT, Liam Tunney for O'Dowd 37min, Colm English for Kilcullen 49, Micheal Dara Sweeney for Connolly 51, David O'Mahony for Leonard 55

Tyrone: Gerard Kelly, Niall McGinn, Dean McCaul, James Gilmore, Ciaran O'Hare, Peter Marlow, Conor McGinley, Aidy Cassidy, Danny McBride, Cathal O'Neill, Paul Doris, Mark O'Hagan, Brian toner, Paul Toner, Niall McGinn Subs: Gerry McCaughney for O'Neill 40

Apparently the tyrone match was played in brutal conditions, mayo were 1-6 to 0-4 down with 15 minutes left and fought back to draw 0-11 to 1-8
Alan Egan, Ronan Rochford, Pearse Hanley, Mark Leonard & Adrian McManamon all played well.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

nrico2006

Maybe 3 or 4 of the tyrone team will be involved come the championship.  You have the likes of gareth devlin, brendy boggs, colm cavanagh, raymond mulgrew, marc cunningham and many others to come into that side
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Northside Dub

Has anyone got the Dublin team that lined out??
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

tayto

Josey Whales

Kerry are also missing a site of players based on that teamsheet.

dodo

Quote from: Josey Whales on January 23, 2007, 04:38:43 PM
Kerry are also missing a site of players based on that teamsheet.

How so? No engineers, shutterers, chippies, labourers, plasterers.......?

Canalman

Tayto, it was won by Dublin. Don't have a score
Papers also have Dublin U21s beating Crossmaglen and Moorefield in recent challenges.

tayto

Thanks canal man, can't have been strong sides but winning is a good habit to get into.