The 2009 Summer Transfers thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, June 02, 2009, 07:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 17, 2009, 01:36:39 PM
Quote from: bingobus on July 17, 2009, 12:57:24 PM
Is this the craziest move of the summer so far:

Ibrahimavic (sp?) from Inter to Barca for, wait for it, €40m plus Eto and Hleb on loan for a year. (As reported by football365)

The worlds gone mad. I'd have though the €40m would have been going the other way  ???

Heard that this morn too. José is a genius if he can convince Barce to do that. I hear Chelsea have lined Villa for Chelsea plus £15 million in a swap deal for Scott Sinclair.

I would say he would be more like Jesus if he could pull that off.

Cant understand why he is rated so highly, just hasnt done it against the big clubs teams

nrico2006

Is this deal going to go through?  I see Guardiola is for pushing him out the door, but what the hell is up with giving that money and Eto for Ibrahimovic - Eto is a far better striker, his goal scoring record is as good as there is.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

25 goals in 35 Serie A games last season for Ibrahimovic. Very impressive.

corn02

Quote from: Hound on July 21, 2009, 01:30:20 PM
25 goals in 35 Serie A games last season for Ibrahimovic. Very impressive.

Eto'o had 30 in 36 in La Liga.

Anyway arguing who is better is not the point because there is probably not much between them and only a year.
The fact that it is the swap, plus the money, plus the loan makes it, for me, the craziest transfer of all time.

full back

I dont rate Ibrahimovic nearly as highly as Eto

Eto has his moments, but anytime I have seen him against the big teams Ibrahmovic is found wanting.
Perhaps it is because the Serie A isnt as accessable as it once was that we dont see the good things he can do week in week out

muppet

Quote from: full back on July 21, 2009, 01:57:02 PM

Eto has his moments, but anytime I have seen him against the big teams Ibrahmovic is found wanting.
Perhaps it is because the Serie A isnt as accessable as it once was that we dont see the good things he can do week in week out

Eto is easier to pronounce and fits better on the back of a jersey.
MWWSI 2017

anportmorforjfc

He could have put us out of the CL at OT. The width of the woodwork away (think it was twice). I thought he played well enough, though he didn't have any luck that night. IMO i dont rate any of them highly anymore, neither of them are consistent.

full back

Jesus Christ, no way is he worth £38 million & Eto & Hleb on loan
Crazy stuff

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8159267.stm

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o's has reached an agreement with Inter Milan to join the Italian champions, according to his agent.

Barca have had an offer of about £38m plus Eto'o, in exchange for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, accepted while Alexander Hleb will also join Inter on loan.

"The deal is sealed, next week he will start working with Inter," said the 28-year-old's agent Josep Maria Mesalles.

"When he signs the contract he will be at (coach) Jose Mourinho's disposal."

Reports suggest Eto'o has agreed a five-year deal with Inter and will earn about £9.6 a season. It brings an end to his five-year stay at the Nou Camp.

"It's done," said Mesalles. "We have reached an agreement with Inter. Samuel talked to Mourinho and is very happy to be wearing the Nerazzurri shirt. All the details have been filed.

"It's complete harmony with us and the Nerazzurri club. We are very happy and satisfied. The deal's sealed, next week he will start working with Inter.

The agreement should give the green light for Ibrahimovic's move in the opposite direction, despite the 27-year-old Sweden striker picking up a wrist injury during Inter's friendly defeat by Chelsea on Tuesday.

Inter and Barca have yet to confirm the news but the Italians announced on Thursday that Ibrahimovic's injury is not as serious as first feared.

606: DEBATE
£40 million alone would buy you a world class player, but adding Eto'o? Think Barca have gone mad myself.

mascotman 
Inter president Massimo Moratti said on Tuesday: "Until things are wrapped up, there's nothing to say but I am confident.

"Eto'o is one of the most important players on the market. Along with Ibra, he's one of the most wanted. It's a good chance for us to have another champion."

Ibrahimovic was the top scorer in Serie A last season and Moratti had nothing but praise for the 27-year-old.

"He's a very serious professional," he said of the Swedish international. "He has always behaved well with us.

"He helped us win the championship and he was top scorer last year."

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola, who transfer-listed Eto'o last year, has said he believes the Cameroon striker should leave the club.

"I am convinced that the best thing for Barca is for Eto'o to leave," stated Guardiola. "Could I be mistaken? Maybe so. But I am here to make these decisions."

Guardiola added Eto'o's departure would be good for the team.

"I feel that it is best for the club and the team. It's a question of feelings," said Guardiola. "I am not here to change anyone's character, but I can decide on which players I want to count on for the season.

"After what we won, we had to change the dressing room. I took this decision from my experience as a footballer."

Eto'o had been on the verge of a deal with Manchester City but Mark Hughes's side withdrew their interest last week.

The forward signed for Barcelona from Mallorca for £16m in 2004.

Norf Tyrone

That Eto deal as FB states is absoloutely mad!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bingobus

That is the strangest deal of all time. Totally without reason.

Will that big lazy tool even fit into a side that plays total football?

Can't see the logic at all.

gallsman

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 21, 2009, 09:52:10 PM

He could have put us out of the CL at OT. The width of the woodwork away (think it was twice). I thought he played well enough, though he didn't have any luck that night. IMO i dont rate any of them highly anymore, neither of them are consistent.

Eto'o isn't consistent? Are you insane?

fred the red

Ibra will score at least 20 goals a season in spain.

ludermor

Quote from: fred the red on July 23, 2009, 05:49:18 PM
Ibra will score at least 20 goals a season in spain.

Eto has scored 108 goals in 145 league games over the last 5 years  (incl 30 goals in 36 games last year). It is an incredible record and hard to see how Ibra could match it never mind add to it. Nad to pay a small fortune on top of Eto is absolute madness!!

AAAA

Worst bit if business since Linfield bought Paul Dalglish!

imtommygunn

Eto'o seems like one of these boys who'd be a very destructive influence in a club. Be interesting to see how him and Jose get on.

That being said I have never rated Ibrahamovic. As the saying goes when the going gets tough the tough get going. Well when the going gets tough, as per Inter's inevitable exit from the CL every year, Ibrahamovic is nowhere to be seen.