what do you think? who would be favourites?

Started by cadhlancian, June 02, 2009, 04:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

My, My look how the Tymoanies run from the favourites tag. The inferiority complex is alive and well.

D4S

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 02, 2009, 07:47:04 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 02, 2009, 07:13:32 PM
These are the outright odds:

Kerry    6/4    
Tyrone    3/1

So Kerry would go in favourites no question, record or not.

Think those odds are more based on the fact that Tyrone have previously failed to make the later stages of the championship as defending All Ireland champions and have been prone to shock defeats (Mayo, Laois - also Meath in 2007). If they were to play Kerry in a semi final or final, I'd say the bookies would be going about evens for each side.

These odds also based on Kerry's much easier run to reach the latter knockout stages than Tyrones. Tyrone have to beat Armagh, Derry, and probably Donegal/Fermanagh to reach Quarter final through the FRONT door.  Kerry have to beat Cork and Limerick/Clare. Tyrone obviously with the tougher route.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on June 02, 2009, 07:50:30 PM
My, My look how the Tymoanies run from the favourites tag. The inferiority complex is alive and well.

Not when they play Kerry it ain't  ;D

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 02, 2009, 07:47:04 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 02, 2009, 07:13:32 PM
These are the outright odds:

Kerry    6/4    
Tyrone    3/1

So Kerry would go in favourites no question, record or not.

Think those odds are more based on the fact that Tyrone have previously failed to make the later stages of the championship as defending All Ireland champions and have been prone to shock defeats (Mayo, Laois - also Meath in 2007). If they were to play Kerry in a semi final or final, I'd say the bookies would be going about evens for each side.

The league, despite people saying it has no effect on the Championship, will affect these odds also...

If they met again I will have a bet right here right now with anyone who will put up money that Kerry will go in as favourites... Even if its 10/11 Kerry Tyrone 11/10, Kerry will be counted as favourites, guaranteed

talktothehand

Quote from: ziggysego on June 02, 2009, 07:17:14 PM
Kerry's hurtin' and Tyrone are past it now. Kerry are favourites ;)

AYE THOSE OLD MCMAHONS AND CAVANAGHS. ALL DONE!!

talktothehand

and the bookies set the odds according to money taken in you goats. that's what makes the favourite.  i like tyrone being outsiders. it's won me more than a few quid off kerry matches in the past. the sunday game panel haven't got a single call right in kerry/tyrone matches either. are they really paid to tell us anything about football?