Oxegen

Started by Massey-135, June 02, 2009, 01:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Massey-135

Well everyone,

Are use for Punchestown this year?
It looks like a great line up.
I'd love to go but just can't afford it in this "current economic climate" balls.

Minder

I was reading at the weekend that it isnt selling as well as previous years and the promoters introduced a "pay half now and half later" tickets.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

C_Berg_316

ill not be heading this year - was there lat year - got the car broke into and all clothes stolen - other ones i know got tents robbed, etc - far to many scumbags going now IMO.
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

Armin Tamzarian

far too much time on your hands :D

Mario

Its too expensive, you could go on a weeks holiday for the amount of money oxegen costs, so for that reason im not going.

Derry Dolly

true..the price of sleepin in a tent for 3nites with STINKIN portaloos an no proper washin is ridiculous..
however in saying that i went summer 07 and although i had an absolute blast (from wat i remember.lol)

rolloutking

Only a few weeks away now.

Lets hope the good weather stays around

Are there many people heading?

Any big band clashes?

Who are you most looking forward to?

Any tickets for sale?

----------------------

QuoteQuote from: C_Berg_316 on June 02, 2009, 02:43:04 PM
ill not be heading this year - was there lat year - got the car broke into and all clothes stolen - other ones i know got tents robbed, etc - far to many scumbags going now IMO.

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 26, 2009, 08:51:17 AM
as much as I enjoy oxegen, cant see me going back this year. Far to many hoods at it now compared to the early years.
Last year my brother got his car broken in to and all his and his mates clothes stolen, my mate got his tent slashed and his car keys stolen and we got several things taken from the group of tents at our campsite.
So much for the festival spirt! Just seems to have turned into a playground for hoods and thieves.Pity cause the music and bands are usually great

Hmm. Oh brother where art thou

You must be a social recluse to go searching for that quote to see if the fella was telling the truth.....wait for his reply folks, "I just remembered he said it 4 months ago"

Get a life you sad act

rolloutking

QuoteWhen you posted the topic Oxegen (first in the GAA discussion, then the Non GAA discussion),

It's weird that you know that I started one of those threads and then deleted it a short time later?

Are you a stalker?

rolloutking

I started two threads in different sections and deleted them both, the first one within minutes. Somehow you noticed this.

No I am not a retard

Are you a stalker or do you just creep through internet forums and keep a record of what everyone posts?

vav

Kings of Leon were absolutely brilliant..  ;D

so worth the rain, freezing cold, muck fight, hangover and the wellies/plastic poncho fashion trend!!   :D

Louth Exile

Went on Friday, Fight Like Apes didn't disappoint, crammed in as much as they could and seemed to draw a sizeable crowd. Ending up seeing the Fun Loving Criminals, they are good fun alright!! Caught the end of the Flaws and was sorry that I didn't see more of them. Snow Patrol over exceed my expectations and Blur slightly disappointed me..... But none them came close to the Boss on Sunday night
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

vav

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 13, 2009, 09:29:22 PM
Went on Friday, Fight Like Apes didn't disappoint, crammed in as much as they could and seemed to draw a sizeable crowd. Ending up seeing the Fun Loving Criminals, they are good fun alright!! Caught the end of the Flaws and was sorry that I didn't see more of them. Snow Patrol over exceed my expectations and Blur slightly disappointed me..... But none them came close to the Boss on Sunday night

I agree Bruce Springsteen is a great entertainer.. brilliant singer, oozes charisma on stage and one of the best concerts I have been to (didn't see him this year but went to see him last year in the RDS).. but the best concert I have ever been to was Snow Patrol in Berlin in May.. Absolutely brilliant.. and got to meet the band afterwards.. can't top their performance.. was brill.. The Boss comes in a close second to that..

rolloutking

I thought this years festival was fantastic. The whole organization and running was great. The Kings where lethal and Pendulum's remix of Calvin Harris was deadly. Raging I missed General Fiasco but the official programme gave a different time to the one in the wee leaflets being handed out. They must be doing something to the ground apart from the wood chippings at the racecourse because it seemed to hold up far better this year and last compared to 2007. It was good that we where allowed bottles into the concert site albeit without the lids. There was a rumor going round of a security guard getting stabbed. Did anyone else hear this?

mc_grens

Quote from: vav on July 13, 2009, 10:13:39 PM

I agree Bruce Springsteen is a great entertainer.. brilliant singer, oozes charisma on stage and one of the best concerts I have been to (didn't see him this year but went to see him last year in the RDS).. but the best concert I have ever been to was Snow Patrol in Berlin in May.. Absolutely brilliant.. and got to meet the band afterwards.. can't top their performance.. was brill.. The Boss comes in a close second to that..

I actually read this twice before I replied. Ive seen The Boss 7 times. Ive seen Snow Patrol twice... because I actually went back the second time to make sure the first one wasnt an aberation. They were crap the second time too!

Not in the same Ball Park... Not even in the same sport!

vav

Quote from: mc_grens on July 13, 2009, 11:17:16 PM
Quote from: vav on July 13, 2009, 10:13:39 PM

I actually read this twice before I replied. Ive seen The Boss 7 times. Ive seen Snow Patrol twice... because I actually went back the second time to make sure the first one wasnt an aberation. They were crap the second time too!

Not in the same Ball Park... Not even in the same sport!

I'll have to disagree with ya.. I've seen The Boss once and Snow Patrol 4 times and I still their gig in Berlin was the best concert I've ever been to  ;D best weekend ever  ;D