Booze on buses

Started by T Fearon, June 01, 2009, 09:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Gnevin on June 01, 2009, 03:47:45 PM

Are you sure they weren't Dubs masquerading as Armagh supporters .

Dubs know how to masquerade?

Hmmm, the quality of schooling must have improved drammatically over the last few years.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

PS. I have no idea either what I meant by the above remark.

T Fearon

Orior, judging by your spelling of dramatically, the quality of schooling in the Pass wasn't quite up to the mark. ;D

Gnevin, I knew they weren't Dubs, they actually got out of the bus to piss on the side of the road ;D

Qwerty28

Happened to be standing besdie a group of young Armagh fans on the hill yesterday and their annoying soccer style chants.....didnt take them long to get bored and run out onf energy though. 2 young wans seemed to be singing about Arthr Boruc so shows how out if it they were! One lad was led out by the Guards, not sure what he had been up to earlier

Our Nail Loney

Bet they are all feeling it today anyway

Booze + Sun = Sore head on Monday

omagh_gael

did anyone see the young armagh lad on the hill acting the eejit with two bottles of wkd and out of nowhere a Stewart ran like fcuk at him grabbed  the bottles off him searched him and turfed him out, v funny!

Over the Bar

Disgusted coming thru Tydavitt to see a Corrigans van dropping empty bottles out the door, albeit being careful not to smash them.

Then on the way out at about 5.30 I saw a young Armagh cub lean behind a wall to lift 2 full bottles of buckfast he'd obviously left there for safe keeping!  ;D

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: T Fearon on June 01, 2009, 03:19:11 PM
Convertible, is my wife's car not mine (though I don't look out of place in it with my flowing locks without even a hint of grey in them) ;D, and if a beer bottle hits your windscreen, convertible or not, there is potential for serious damage

Tony,
you in a convertible, difficult to imagne, you with a wife, science fiction ??? ???
Please don't breed.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 01, 2009, 11:00:03 PM
Disgusted coming thru Tydavitt to see a Corrigans van dropping empty bottles out the door, albeit being careful not to smash them.

Then on the way out at about 5.30 I saw a young Armagh cub lean behind a wall to lift 2 full bottles of buckfast he'd obviously left there for safe keeping!  ;D

Safe keeping, I wouldn't be so sure...some of the Tyrone lads probably filled them for him alright ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

rrhf

I think we should have a name and shame section on the board in an effort to clean up the chasmpionship.  In this case name the bus companies or indeed if you see a twat at a match acting the maggot take his photo and stick it up here for us all to gowl at. 

Ping Pong Santa

Have to say I had a thorughly enjoyable day out yesterday. Haven't been able to have a few pints before a game in Clones in a long time probably since I was one of those teenagers lying sleeping outside the Paragon. I have always driven in later years but on Sunday, with the weather being so good (yes, I am a fair weather fan) just got up, dragged the youngfella outta bed, filled the car with diesel, threw him £20 quid and told him he was taking us to Clones for the day! (him with an exam on Tuesday)

As for Tony's incident, I suggest you got unlucky. This kind of behaviour isn't the norm.

Its a tricky one the drinking on the bus argument. There is no better craic sometimes than a few tins on a bus heading to Clones on a sunny Sunday and I would be very reluctant to criticise any bus drivers who are lenient enough to allow this.

I understand those who question why someone needs to get shitfaced before a game, its irrelevant to Gaelic football, the wider question would be why does anyone need to get shitfaced before anything? The vast majority of us who enjoy a drink thoroughly enjoy the craic before the game in Clones and the carnival atmosphere.

On that atmosphere, apart from some of the obvious louts (who I may have been oblivious to since I was having such a good day's craic myself) there seemed to me to be a great atmosphere on the streets. The Gards obviously do turn a blind eye to drinking on the street, we were handed plastic cups as we left bars and could move about freely from pub to pub drinking out of a plastic cup - incidently there were plenty of rubbish facilities available and all alcohol was discarded before entering the ground.

It reminded me of the Fleadh a few years ago in Letterkenny, a blind eye turned so that everyone could enjoy themselves freely and as long as you weren't hurting anyone or causing trouble you were left alone. I doubt this would ever happen in Dublin and is probably more of a rural/small town kind of thing. It also probably has a lot to do with the vested interest Clones has in these games, allowing the drinking as the pubs cash in.

I for one think that managed properly then everyone can enjoy themselves in this kind of environment and I would love to get back to Clones this year for another day like that - weather permitting lol.

T Fearon

Drining on the street by (reasonably) responsible adults is fine, but the Garda also seem to turn a blind eye to underage drinking, which is the main problem imo.

I would say that it is only a matter of time before a serious incident occurs which will lead to a huge clampdown (shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted) and there will be much stricter crowd control measures, creating bottlenecks (pardon the pun) and effectively ruining a great day out for everyone

ziggysego

Quote from: rrhf on June 02, 2009, 08:26:22 AM
I think we should have a name and shame section on the board in an effort to clean up the chasmpionship.  In this case name the bus companies or indeed if you see a t**t at a match acting the maggot take his photo and stick it up here for us all to gowl at. 

As much as I like that idea rrhf, you'll end up getting the board into a whole heap of legal shit.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Quote from: T Fearon on June 02, 2009, 12:29:18 PM
Drining on the street by (reasonably) responsible adults is fine, but the Garda also seem to turn a blind eye to underage drinking, which is the main problem imo.

I would say that it is only a matter of time before a serious incident occurs which will lead to a huge clampdown (shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted) and there will be much stricter crowd control measures, creating bottlenecks (pardon the pun) and effectively ruining a great day out for everyone

Ahem....  spelling?

T Fearon

I inadvertently omitted "k" from drinking, but you included two ms in dramatically, I can spell and you can't nah nah nah nah ;D