Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: the sledger on June 22, 2009, 01:53:08 PM
unfortunately, despite the defeat yesterday,it looks as if things are only going to get worse for derry

i was talking to a lad from tyrone yesterday,he's typical tyrone folk lik, loves the county men.however, this lad said yesterday that him and a few of his other tyrone buddies, were going to retire dooher to stud in the next couple of years.he was telling me that theyve the stable and all built for dooher to stay in and within the next couple of years the dooher gene will be spreading throughout tyrone

theyve a loada wemen lined up and in 18 years we will see a tyrone team full of doohers

Good one  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

longrunsthefox

Quote from: the sledger on June 22, 2009, 01:53:08 PM
unfortunately, despite the defeat yesterday,it looks as if things are only going to get worse for derry

i was talking to a lad from tyrone yesterday,he's typical tyrone folk lik, loves the county men.however, this lad said yesterday that him and a few of his other tyrone buddies, were going to retire dooher to stud in the next couple of years.he was telling me that theyve the stable and all built for dooher to stay in and within the next couple of years the dooher gene will be spreading throughout tyrone

theyve a loada wemen lined up and in 18 years we will see a tyrone team full of doohers

sure they tried that with Frank McGuigan and what good did it do?...then again...

omagh_gael

Just watched the game again and there was nothing intentional between him and mark lynch, joe just dived for a 50/50 ball and got caught by Lynch's knee, accidental!

JMohan

Doohicky

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 22, 2009, 02:12:09 PM
Just watched the game again and there was nothing intentional between him and mark lynch, joe just dived for a 50/50 ball and got caught by Lynch's knee, accidental!

Fair enough, Glad to hear it wasn't intentional, had hoped to see it on the Sunday game, but it wasn't shwon.

rrhf

In fairness to Lynch it was the only time he peeped out of the pocket. 

Main Street

One of those where you can truly say, rib hit knee.

if its cracked rib, tis a sore one and a serious disruption to McMahon's training.

aroundincircles

Quote from: JMohan on June 22, 2009, 01:32:02 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 22, 2009, 01:20:33 PM
Quote from: Muzz on June 22, 2009, 01:18:53 PM
Just before Ricey's antics he had taken a very hard hit from Eoin.  I assume that he must have thought it was Paddy.  Whilst he shouldnt be at that carry on it could be a reason why he decided to let himself down.

That's what I heard, which I referred to early. Didn't want to comment on it, as I didn't see the incident myself.
He knew it wasn't Paddy as he had just hit Paddy himself before that - which was what Eoin was reacting to.

Look I'm not anti Ricey. I think he's a great footballer - but that kind of stuff is way out of order in any sporting environment.

If my brother did that to any footballer and the lad got up and broke his jaw with a slap he'd get no sympathy from me ... you don't do that. You win with manners. And the best way to answer Bradleys messing from 2 years ago would have been to do nothing accept win the game.

Not riceys biggest fan but he is a winner and a great footballer you never know want went on between him and Bradley during the game.

JMohan

Quote from: aroundincircles on June 22, 2009, 03:31:19 PM
Just before Ricey's antics he had taken a very hard hit from Eoin.  I assume that he must have thought it was Paddy.  Whilst he shouldnt be at that carry on it could be a reason why he decided to let himself down.

That's what I heard, which I referred to early. Didn't want to comment on it, as I didn't see the incident myself.
He knew it wasn't Paddy as he had just hit Paddy himself before that - which was what Eoin was reacting to.

Look I'm not anti Ricey. I think he's a great footballer - but that kind of stuff is way out of order in any sporting environment.

If my brother did that to any footballer and the lad got up and broke his jaw with a slap he'd get no sympathy from me ... you don't do that. You win with manners. And the best way to answer Bradleys messing from 2 years ago would have been to do nothing accept win the game.

Not riceys biggest fan but he is a winner and a great footballer you never know want went on between him and Bradley during the game.
Doesn't excuse it

aroundincircles

Quote from: JMohan on June 22, 2009, 03:41:33 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on June 22, 2009, 03:31:19 PM

Doesn't excuse it

prob not but in the course of a derby championship game things will happen which i suppose should'nt but that is the way it is. I think some other team hate tyrone that much they can't seem to play against them i can think of one in the bottom corner of ireland for starters.Cork mght be a different proposition though.

SidelineKick

It was nothing to do with the "course of a derby championship game", the game was well and truely over.  He is a bad winner, which IMO is much worse than a bad loser.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

aroundincircles

longball

Before the game if u hada known that Derry were gonna kept O'Neill and Cavanagh to 2 points between them you would have wondered how they were gonna win the game. Tyrones panel is so strong at the moment. Penrose was brilliant yday and u no if there is another couple of forwards that could come on and have a similiar impact. Sean O'Neill looks to have a big future with the county. Joe will prob not be fit for the final. Would people expect Dooher to start WHF? or would there be a big of movement in the forward line bringing BMG in
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

JMohan

Quote from: longball on June 22, 2009, 03:58:21 PM
Before the game if u hada known that Derry were gonna kept O'Neill and Cavanagh to 2 points between them you would have wondered how they were gonna win the game.
Very true ... I bet Cassidy was thinking at 11am that morning if he could have got that he would have won

Doogie Browser

Quote from: JMohan on June 22, 2009, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: longball on June 22, 2009, 03:58:21 PM
Before the game if u hada known that Derry were gonna kept O'Neill and Cavanagh to 2 points between them you would have wondered how they were gonna win the game.
Very true ... I bet Cassidy was thinking at 11am that morning if he could have got that he would have won
I'm not so sure, Cassidy all week was saying how dangerous Tyrone are all over the park.  They knew Tyrone had scoring potency from 5-15, if Cassidy just focused on keeping SoN and Cavanagh quiet as being key to victory it would have been an erroneous approach and I doubt this was the case.