Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

Just out from game. Who got rte motm, i though hub had a great game.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

milltown row

Antrim will stuff Tyrone. Tyrone were rubbish for most parts.  Antrim to win by 1.
Tyrone  will be nervous i feel come the final

cameltohill

cassidy out baker in. crozier would have done a better job the day

glens73

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 21, 2009, 03:56:37 PM
Very very surprised by how poor Derry were. Just couldn't get enough ball into the Bradleys enough. Would have been interesting to see how they'd have done with a full team available but you'd have to think that Tyrone would have had a bit to spare anyway. With all their players available, Tyrone are arguably stronger now than they have been at any stage in the last decade.

Looking at the sending off there - McGuckan seems harshly enough done by. Ok he challenged Cavanagh off the ball and that sparked the row but it was still probably only a yellow. Thought Penrose threw what looked like a punch. Eoin Bradley also seemed fortunate enough to me - thought that was a rough enough challenge a couple of minutes later.

Hard to see Derry picking themselves up now - their focus is bound to have been on Ulster. Still wouldn't fancy them in the qualifiers though - lots of big name teams lying in wait in the early rounds!

That's quite possibly right but Tyrone will be going into their AIQF without a real serious game and whoever they play will have some momentum from going through the qualifiers. It may be Kerry's best chance of beating them if they're paired together

ddc1990

Another inept Refereeing performance from Ó Cnámha.

Great example of this:

3 Brawls.
1. Dooher chases a Derry player, charges in with the head- Goes down (typical Dooher) Yellow card for Derry player.
2. McGukian hits Cavenagh off the ball, Yellow card at most. He gets Red. Mass Brawl, including a large number of clear puches fro Tyrone players. No cards.
3. A rediculous high tackle on Paddy Bradlley, No Free, Tyrone score. Eoin Bradley Booked for his reaction to his brothers near-beheading.

Its no wonder Tyrone do so well with all this protection.

And for the record, I have no love for either of these teams, but just wanted to voice my opinion.

Doohicky

Quote from: ddc1990 on June 21, 2009, 04:25:06 PM

Great example of this:

3 Brawls.
1. Dooher chases a Derry player, charges in with the head- Goes down (typical Dooher) Yellow card for Derry player.
2. McGukian hits Cavenagh off the ball, Yellow card at most. He gets Red. Mass Brawl, including a large number of clear puches fro Tyrone players. No cards.
3. A rediculous high tackle on Paddy Bradlley, No Free, Tyrone score. Eoin Bradley Booked for his reaction to his brothers near-beheading.

And for the record, I have no love for either of these teams, but just wanted to voice my opinion.

No love for either team but you only point out decisions in Tyrones favour. Pull the other one why don't you.

Just back from game and I agree that ref was terrible.
Can't comment n brawl as I was too far away to see and had glanced at the scoreboard so missed the start of it too.

In the middle of the pitch a Tyrone man went down for the ball and a Derry man went in with the foot (Not sure who it was either way) the Tyrone man had to be stretchered off because of it. Ref gave nothing.

There were many other incidents on both sides where the ref was terrible, either giving soft frees or ignoring blatant fouls.

The best example of his ineptitude was when the ball went over for a 45 and he played on for ages before noticing the umpire signalling.
With the ball that close to the endline, surely any competent ref would take a quick glance at the upmires to see if it went over or not.

rootthemout

cannt believe how poor derry are,thought cassidy had sorted out a different game plan then hitting p bradley with every ball,obviously not.know derry were missing men but when your looking for scores do you have one of your better finisher in e bradley playing and holding the ball up out round the middle?backed derry as outsiders for sam this year looking like handy money for the bookies  >:(

Main Street

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on June 18, 2009, 02:37:52 PM
Quote from: screenmachine on June 18, 2009, 02:03:10 PM
FAO: Main Street

:D :D :D :D :D lol

I suppose as night follows day it was such a certainty that a Derry player would get sent off, no wonder I could find no bookie reckless enough to post odds on it.

Regardless, revenge is a couple of eggs served with pleasure to a couple of foolish Derry girl/boy  girls/boys.

cameltohill

was waiting for you main street. enjoy your moment

clown

Mickeys beard

Great example of this:

3 Brawls.

What game were you watching?

At the final whistle several of the Tyrone players were bloodied, one dislocated thumb, a suspected broken rib and more-that speaks volumes.  That was a blatant head-butt on Dooher.  I thought the Tyrone players contained themselves well enough considering the amount of soft frees given against them.  However,  that's what you expect with Derry-a good physical battle.

Was never worried about Derry at full or half-strength after seeing the league game-Tyrone were able to step it up periodically to win that game and today was no different.  Would be more worried by the winners of the Antrim Cavan game-I expect a more gung-ho approach and a nothing-to lose attitude can beat any team.

Brolly fairly raging with Spillane on RTE who kept callin Derry "stupid". Good oul viewing.  O'Rourke in fairness sat on the fence.
Boil the Drawers!

orangeman

Great example of this:

3 Brawls.

Can't agree at all.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Main Street on June 21, 2009, 04:34:24 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on June 18, 2009, 02:37:52 PM
Quote from: screenmachine on June 18, 2009, 02:03:10 PM
FAO: Main Street

:D :D :D :D :D lol

I suppose as night follows day it was such a certainty that a Derry player would get sent off, no wonder I could find no bookie reckless enough to post odds on it.

Regardless, revenge is a couple of eggs served with pleasure to a couple of foolish Derry girl/boy  girls/boys.

Paddy Power and Boyles were offering odds on a Derry player to get sent off, definitely as thats where we copy our odds from and we had them up.

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on June 21, 2009, 04:34:24 PM
Yes, but I heard it was all Dick Clerkin's fault.

orangeman

No doubt that Tyrone cruised past but Derry with a full hand would have been a different proposition.

Derry will be back no doubt about that.

screenmachine

Can the Mexicans all clear off back to the free state.  I'd love to draw Monaghan again in the qualifiers.  Have ye's not got a sister to amuse yourselves on a Sunday or is that just for weeknights?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.