Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Black

derry will be fucked at midfield. murphy is too f**king slow. he doent have the engine. the other options are pish

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: Captain Black on June 19, 2009, 01:33:26 AM
derry will be fucked at midfield. murphy is too f**king slow. he doent have the engine. the other options are pish

captain black i think this is pretty harsh! murphy plays week in for his club at midfield and to be honest i think he is better midefielder than half forward. bear in mind that i have maybe only seen him a half dozen times midefeild but he has never done anything wrong on those occassions. midefield in derry club games is always well contested, i dont think i have ever cn patsy bradley, ferghal doc, enda muldoon or the likes dominating that area against my club before. These are counties players supposidly heads and shoulders above the rest. I am not saying they are not all great footballers, as they all are, but I think at midfield its more about contesting and getting stuck in. Its a different story if you have a flying forward on a poor back. There is no contest. Also donegal one 2/3 of kick outs against antrim according to the irish news on monday. didnt do them much use! Still dont think murphy will be walked over if he starts midfield. too smart a footballer for that!

Diore abu
"Swing er over!"

cornerback

Think someone hacked into captain blacks account, isn't he from dungiven!!  :o

Maximus Marillius

the great captain black who comes on here every now and again to tell us how bold we are to knocking the efforts of players, refs, club chairmen and God knows even abusive priests....now he evntually shows his spots :D :D

Doogie Browser

Think Mickey made the right call with the same XV for this one, his adage of finishing with his strongest team has merit.  Dooher lurking on the bench is a good insurance if things aren't going to plan, with McCullagh's threat also there as an option.
Checked the weather there and light rain forecast for Andytown on Sunday.

Mr. Nakata

I suppose it's all about tactics now. Will Joe drop back to sweep, will Gormley and Justy pick up the Bradleys or will PJ pick up junior?. As long as I'm quaffing creamy pints of black beer in Casement afterwards in a state of ecstacy I'll be happy. When we humped the oakleafers by 9 points in '03, I rolled out of that place at some stage, however, any victory on Sunday will be celebrated with gusto.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

peterquaife

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on June 19, 2009, 10:41:42 AM
I suppose it's all about tactics now. Will Joe drop back to sweep, will Gormley and Justy pick up the Bradleys or will PJ pick up junior?. As long as I'm quaffing creamy pints of black beer in Casement afterwards in a state of ecstacy I'll be happy. When we humped the oakleafers by 9 points in '03, I rolled out of that place at some stage, however, any victory on Sunday will be celebrated with gusto.

you must have been in some state if you had a pint for every dive ;-)

Fuzzman

I'd love to see Mickey moving Justy out to MF in the 2nd half when we're crusiing.  ;)

It would be nice to see what this team can really achieve if we were able to dominate teams at MF and have a constant supply of balls into our FF line rather than depending on MF scraps and turn overs.

:o :o
I'd love to see Tyrone really raise their game for this one as it would definitely lead to an easier 6/8 weeks afterwards. 

Still I don't wanna sound too humble & would be glad to win by 8 like Cork did last week over the NFL champs.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on June 19, 2009, 10:41:42 AM

I was in some shape leaving Omagh the year we held you inbreds scoreless for a full half of fudball.  :P
In your Endo!

Fuzzman

Was trying to listen to some of the interviews on the BBC website there but some aren't working
Anyone got an email to contact them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/the_championship/default.stm

Listening to Brolly on Drivetime last night. He was talking about the GPA and the grants.
http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2009/pc/pod-v-180609-25m10s-drivetimesport.mp3

Hotrocks

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 19, 2009, 11:42:59 AM
Was trying to listen to some of the interviews on the BBC website there but some aren't working
Anyone got an email to contact them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/the_championship/default.stm

Listening to Brolly on Drivetime last night. He was talking about the GPA and the grants.
http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2009/pc/pod-v-180609-25m10s-drivetimesport.mp3

Does he mention the Tyrone derry game?
Might get a listen in a bit.

Fuzzman

Fuzzman

From the Belfast Tele

Brian can still Doo the business for Tyrone
Brian Dooher acknowledges that he is "still struggling" to some extent in terms of attaining his self-imposed level of fitness.

Yet there is not a team manager in the country right now who would not welcome a "struggling" Dooher into his squad — even it meant securing just 20 minutes of action from the Tyrone skipper.

That is a measure of the status and respect that Dooher enjoys within the GAA as a whole.

And no-one has a higher regard for the indefatigueable wing-forward than his county boss Mickey Harte who is hoping to gain maximum game time from his inspirational skipper against Derry in the Ulster semi-final at Casement Park on Sunday.

"Brian Dooher is a one-off in my book," enthuses Harte. "He would train eight days a week if it were possible. The man puts himself through so much to help Tyrone's cause."

While Harte understandably eulogises his team leader, Dooher himself remains honest and philosophical as he approaches Sunday's crucial test against the Oak Leaf county.

"While I have been recovering from surgery for the last number of weeks, the players have been going ahead and just doing the business in the league and championship. We have been fortunate enough to win three All Ireland titles over the past few years but the nucleus of that side is still together and the boys clearly want more. There is greater emphasis at the moment on getting back to back all Irelands but we will take one step at a time," says Dooher.

And while his own influence within the squad is pronounced, he pays tribute to the players who, he maintains, have bonded so well over the years.

"This is a great group of players to lead. In fact, we have plenty of leaders out there on the park where it matters most. Maybe I have been struggling with injuries but other guys have stepped up to the mark and continued to perform well. This has stood to us and now we are in the right frame of mind to be facing Derry," asserts Dooher.

His contribution as a second-half substitute against Armagh three weeks ago had much to do with Tyrone eventually winning that Clones showdown but, typically, Dooher plays down his input.

"No one can do it on their own no matter who they are. This is very much a team game – in fact, it's a squad game. You need everyone in the panel to be on their toes and to be up for the challenge.

"We have no major injury concerns going into Sunday's game and that's a help. What I do or don't do is not a big concern — what really matters is how the team perform on the day against a Derry side that will be very wound up," adds Dooher.

I'm sure the Derry wans Sor will give him a big welcome when/if he comes on as they're wile fond of our Brine.
Like myself he went to school in Derry Hi & of course lived there for a while I think

screenmachine

In a way I feel sorry for Dooher with the terrible run of injuries he's had.  Oh, and plus the fact that he looks like a boiled potato.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.