Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: rrhf on June 02, 2009, 09:36:25 AM
I just hope Doherty is able to play.  I would love to beat Derry this year and give them boyos no excuses.

No you don't.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

If it was a good open game of football, it would be a good spectacle with 2 good sets of forwards & Tyrone prevailing.
But this is the Ulster C'ship & this is Derry so there is no chance of a good spectacle ;)

rrhf

Who can forget the abject humiation they subjected on us in 2006 holding the all ireland champions to a scoreless first half.  Ill never forget Paddy Bradley and co jumping up onto the wire in joy after the game as they celebrated the humilation of the then all ireland champions.  Even a 10 point whupping on the 21st could only go some way to easing that pain.  It looks like Tyrone will have all the motivation against a Derry team who after an impressive league campaign will wear the favourites tag comfortably.  

talktothehand

we could always get the boys to show the bradleys et al what a celtic cross looks like:-)

SidelineKick

Quote from: talktothehand on June 02, 2009, 09:44:10 AM
we could always get the boys to show the bradleys et al what a celtic cross looks like:-)

You could surely. Go and hoak yours our of the top drawer there.

rrhf - stop blowing Derry up, we can do that ourselves.  Then blame everyone but ourselves when Tyrone hammer us!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Advocatus Diaboli

Quote from: Minder on June 02, 2009, 09:12:14 AM
The Antrim County bOard reckon there is very little chance of this game being in Casement, so Casement it is then.

You have to consider the Ulster Council way of deciding venues:

Casement = 8500 seats @ £20 & 25000 standing @ £13
Clones = 22000 seats @ £20 & 14000 standing @ £13

I'd say it's a no brainer

jodyb

Quote from: rrhf on June 02, 2009, 09:09:41 AM
Derry used the arguement that they needed to stand up for themselves against bullies, I wonder what type of football they will try to play against Tyrone, i suspect we will be dragged into a war of attrition, because Derry have already stained the sheets this year and so have little to lose PR wise and the like.  I hope Im wrong but I think Cassidy will do the maths and realise on quality of footballer alone Tyrone should win this one and develop an appropriate game plan.         
As I recall rrhf, it doesn't usually take too much dragging

rrhf

Sure Derry wouldnt have 5000 fans at either match and assuming Tyrone could bring 15000 Clones would be half empty. 

tc_manchester

This venue debate really annoys me - it should be in stone from the start of the championship. I'm waiting to book flights to go to the match and I don't know where the game is - if it's Casement then I can probably get a flight home in the evening. I watched the BBC coverage of the Armagh Tyrone match on the iplayer yesterday and Austin O'Callaghan stated that the semi was going to be on the Saturday but I can't find that being mentioned anywhere else. I try to get over for most Tyrone matchs but it's an absolute pain when the venues/dates are movable feasts.

Doohicky

Quote from: tc_manchester on June 02, 2009, 11:24:08 AM
This venue debate really annoys me - it should be in stone from the start of the championship. I'm waiting to book flights to go to the match and I don't know where the game is - if it's Casement then I can probably get a flight home in the evening. I watched the BBC coverage of the Armagh Tyrone match on the iplayer yesterday and Austin O'Callaghan stated that the semi was going to be on the Saturday but I can't find that being mentioned anywhere else. I try to get over for most Tyrone matchs but it's an absolute pain when the venues/dates are movable feasts.

It better not be on the saturday. I am away that day.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Doohicky on June 02, 2009, 11:46:07 AM

I'm sure they will take that into consideration so I wouldn't worry.

Doire abú

There's plenty of the Derry boys already with Celtic crosses...

jodyb

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 02, 2009, 11:47:23 AM

Why would it be on a saturday? What games are there that will clash with it on the sunday?

Doohicky

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 02, 2009, 11:47:23 AM

Good to know!  ;)

talktothehand

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 02, 2009, 10:03:14 AM

You could surely. Go and hoak yours our of the top drawer there.

rrhf - stop blowing Derry up, we can do that ourselves.  Then blame everyone but ourselves when Tyrone hammer us!

lol there is one in our house. wanna see it?