Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: screenexile on June 01, 2009, 04:04:07 PM
Again I would like to reiterate that had we a competent match official who was capable of applying the rules properly and using common sense there would be no reason for any of this!
Yep. Monaghan constantly suffer from inferior refereeing standards because we can't have Pat.  :P

ExiledGael

And Pat has a huge advantage over every other inter-county referee in the game - he never has to referee Monaghan.

Oakleafer1993

This must have been some kangaroo court - because the CCC where not meant to meet until tuesday. If Doherty is suspended - then the pundits have ruined the game. This is all to appease a certain Free state camp who are afraid of their arses of rugby gaining ground in the south.

omagh_gael

I know it's off topic but does anyone know if the AI semi final pairings have been decided i.e. Are ulster winners on same quarter final side as munster winners?

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on June 01, 2009, 10:04:54 PM
This must have been some kangaroo court - because the CCC where not meant to meet until tuesday. If Doherty is suspended - then the pundits have ruined the game. This is all to appease a certain Free state camp who are afraid of their arses of rugby gaining ground in the south.

Not much craic about two two southern hurling team beating 7 shades of shite out of each other.

Zulu

QuoteThis must have been some kangaroo court - because the CCC where not meant to meet until tuesday. If Doherty is suspended - then the pundits have ruined the game. This is all to appease a certain Free state camp who are afraid of their arses of rugby gaining ground in the south.

Yes that's the reason  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: Zulu on June 01, 2009, 10:32:02 PM
QuoteThis must have been some kangaroo court - because the CCC where not meant to meet until tuesday. If Doherty is suspended - then the pundits have ruined the game. This is all to appease a certain Free state camp who are afraid of their arses of rugby gaining ground in the south.

Yes that's the reason  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

so what did doherty do? - if he had been spotted kicking - he would have got a yellow card. As it worked out he was yellow carded for shouldering and was sent off - done and dusted. So god help anyone else this championship if they stand on anyones toes or shoulder off the ball. This is more than Fergal Doherty - its political - the "new rules game" are working their own agenda. Doherty and Freeman are the victims - caught in the middle.

omagh_gael

so what did doherty do? - if he had been spotted kicking - he would have got a yellow card. As it worked out he was yellow carded for shouldering and was sent off - done and dusted. So god help anyone else this championship if they stand on anyones toes or shoulder off the ball. This is more than Fergal Doherty - its political - the "new rules game" are working their own agenda. Doherty and Freeman are the victims - caught in the middle.
[/quote]

There must be something in having oakleaf in your screen name that renders you blind to doc's actions, he clearly kicked clerkin forcefully in the leg immediately after his ankle tap this is one among a number of clearly visible offences all worthy of punishment!

Winnie Peg

Would you Derry ones get a grip, joe Brolly et al. Fergal Doherty acted the thug against Monaghan and deserves all he is going to get and for trhe good of the GAA, one would hope that the Derry Management and county board will back the suspensions.
What did he do?
1. Wrestled on the ground with a Monaghan player and gouged his eyes. Suspension, I don't know as this wass the first time any player descended to this level and their is no specific SANCTION FOR IT.
2. Stamped on Dessie Mone's back deliberately, even changed his run path to do so. Suspension is eight weeks.
3. Kicking a Monaghan player on the calves of the leg, with minimum force. Suspension. Four weeks.
These three actions, not even mentioning his yellow card, surely merits a stiff suspension.
So wise up, do the crime, do the time and stop whinging.
PS. And I don't want to hear what Armagh did in 1943 either. This is 2009.

screenexile

Quote from: Winnie Peg on June 01, 2009, 11:25:47 PM
Would you Derry ones get a grip, joe Brolly et al. Fergal Doherty acted the thug against Monaghan and deserves all he is going to get and for trhe good of the GAA, one would hope that the Derry Management and county board will back the suspensions.
What did he do?
1. Wrestled on the ground with a Monaghan player and gouged his eyes. Suspension, I don't know as this wass the first time any player descended to this level and their is no specific SANCTION FOR IT. Nonsense have you any proof
2. Stamped on Dessie Mone's back deliberately, even changed his run path to do so. Suspension is eight weeks.Nonsense I saw the incident and he couldn't get out of the way
3. Kicking a Monaghan player on the calves of the leg, with minimum force. Suspension. Four weeks.How is a kick on the leg a 4 week suspension? It's a booking end of!
These three actions, not even mentioning his yellow card, surely merits a stiff suspension.
So wise up, do the crime, do the time and stop whinging.
PS. And I don't want to hear what Armagh did in 1943 either. This is 2009.

DennistheMenace

Can't see anything else but a facile Derry win  :)

Winnie Peg

You are showing an alarming ignorance of the rules of gaelic football Screenexile. Kicking with minimum force is 4 weeks, two years ago it would have been 8. You admit that you saw him stamping. cassidy had him wound up like a spring and it has come back to bite him.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: Winnie Peg on June 01, 2009, 11:51:13 PM
You are showing an alarming ignorance of the rules of gaelic football Screenexile. Kicking with minimum force is 4 weeks, two years ago it would have been 8. You admit that you saw him stamping. cassidy had him wound up like a spring and it has come back to bite him.

I agree totally, maybe not facile but think Derry will win on yesterdays performance.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: hardstation on June 01, 2009, 11:54:07 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on June 01, 2009, 11:53:03 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on June 01, 2009, 11:51:13 PM

I agree totally, maybe not facile but think Derry will win on yesterdays performance.
You agree with yourself?

sorry Hardstaion, made the wrong quote ;D, thanks for keeping me right. ;D