GAA live on Setanta in US?

Started by Oraisteach, May 28, 2009, 11:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Anyone know if Setanta is offering a championship deal this year?  Don't seem to be able to get the Armagh-Tyrone game live.  Any thought, you computer-savvy ex-pats?

NetNitrate

From what I hear they are only showing live games on broadband from qtr final on. Rest of the games will be showed delayed (usually on a Tuesday). They really screw GAA fans. I've subscribed to their broadband and their cable channel specifically for GAA (about $300 per year) and all I am treated to is a diet of rubbish English soccer. To see live GAA you have to pay $20 at the pub door.

mick999

Check out:

http://setanta-i.com/

All games are available to watch online live for$9.99 each ..

The Iceman

or $15 a month for the summer is what I invested in
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

NetNitrate

What live GAA games are scheduled on Setanta-I. They had not shown any live yet and they emailed to say they would not be showing live GAAs until Qtr finals on.

TKDTKD

im on the yearly broadband plan and I don't see anything on the ppv for this weekend
hoping that changes come semi final and back door qualification time

The Iceman

is it not on?
I know the games from last weekend are available online  - friggin disaster if they dont show them
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mick999

Quote from: NetNitrate on May 29, 2009, 03:46:08 PM
What live GAA games are scheduled on Setanta-I. They had not shown any live yet and they emailed to say they would not be showing live GAAs until Qtr finals on.
[/quote
]tyrone armagh game is on live and cork  tipp hurling, check out the website !!

The Iceman

I can't see it anywhere on the US website in fairness

NetNitrate

They have switched the goalposts for those living in the US. They should have told us when we renewed our annual subscription that GAA games would not be live. They can't have it both ways - expect us to pay for the annual subscription to see only delayed coverage and have to pay $20 to get into the pub every weekend morning. That's if there's a pub nearby in the first place. They are quick to show Liverpool games live. GAA should allow only RTE.ie show games outside Ireland if this is the carry on.

cadhlancian

lads I just spoke to setantas main office in the US (san fran) and due to "piracy" they wont be showing the games on broadband,possibly from the Qfinals I was told, but for the foreseeable future nothing,,,on that point, anyone know anyother way of watching?

The Iceman

someone might stream it from rte but i doubt it - you can try on justin.tv but chances are slim
looks like its the pub for me - add the brother and two breakfasts  - $80 fcuk

FL/MAYO

Not fair on us that live outside the big cities here in the US. I have no problem paying the yearly subscription (good value last year IMO) but I will not be heading to a pub every Sunday morning forking out between $50 and $100. I have heard of some lads hooking their laptops up to TVs in a few bars last year and getting unauthorised access to Setanta, the word must have got back after the authorised bar owners complained.

Puckoon

Well f**k that! Shower of hewers should have explained this at subscription renewal time.
There are no pubs here to watch it in :-(

Tyrones own

Quote from: Puckoon on May 29, 2009, 10:13:16 PM
Well f**k that! Shower of hewers should have explained this at subscription renewal time.
There are no pubs here to watch it in :-(

That's some shite alright, I'm lucky enough to have a bar 10 miles from me that show them religiously.
Demand a refund!!!!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann