Minor trivialities that annoy you at games

Started by T Fearon, May 28, 2009, 05:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Louth Exile on May 28, 2009, 05:44:14 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 28, 2009, 05:18:52 PM
People smoking in front of you

Unmbrellas - they should only be used while walking to and from the ground, at half time or before throw in. Once the game is in action take the feckin thing down, I didn't pay in here to look at your magnificently large "An Dun" umbrella. Have the foresight to wear rain proof gear!

Agreed - was just about to post about umbrellas myself - so what if you get a bit wet at a match!!
That was never a square ball!!

SidelineKick

If seated, some wee p***k kicking the back of your seat and any amount of "turning round and looking" hints doesnt make him stop.  Other option - tell his da to control his f**king children!!!

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

The Subbie

No red sauce at the burger van.

Plastic glasses for the pints.

Knackers selling lucky charms.

The big pushing and shoving match to get out of Clones.

Traffic on way there and home.

T O Hare

The walk to the match were there are about twenty collections for different organisations and the men who stick the paper flags on your chest without asking you and then look for money >:( >:(
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

magpie seanie

Quote from: T O Hare on May 28, 2009, 06:18:26 PM
The walk to the match were there are about twenty collections for different organisations and the men who stick the paper flags on your chest without asking you and then look for money >:( >:(

Ah, the unsolicited nipple piercers!

Gnevin

Lads who think every time one of their players is touched its a free, yet if one of their lads took one of other team's lads out with a sniper riffle he'd saying great tackle
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Subbie on May 28, 2009, 05:58:07 PM

Traffic on way there and home.

I know the traffic getting into town can be mental some times  ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

Flags.

I'm trying to watching the game, stop waving your f**king flag!!
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on May 28, 2009, 07:05:17 PM
Flags.

I like the flags. I don't have one myself, but they add to the colour and the occassion. I don't think they're as common as they once were.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 28, 2009, 07:32:42 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 28, 2009, 07:05:17 PM
Flags.

I like the flags. I don't have one myself, but they add to the colour and the occassion. I don't think they're as common as they once were.

Always in front of me. Always some idiot who flies them throughout the game. I don't mind when there's a point or a goal, but put the flag down during the game.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Drunk teenagers, especially loud Armagh and Tyrone wans. There's a serious culture of heading to the game and getting drunk on the way. Who organises those buses?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

People who only go to county games. I know sometimes there are people who have genuine reasons for not going to their club games or giving a shit about what happens with their club but it annoys me anyway. And those who only turn up for big county championship days.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Joe Umbrella (hey)

The recent trend in suppliying shite loud music through the PA system before games and at half time. Last year in R1 of the championship at Omagh Malachy Cush was singing his wee heart out at the country songs. His singing was'nt the problem -  the speakers were so loud that when Tyrone came charging out you could'nt hear the roar for Malachy singing the gambler. It was on the verge of ruining what turned out to be a decent day.

And another annoying thing, girls with fat arses wearing cowboy hats - what is it about cowboy hats on championship days?

LeppinMick

mountainboii

The recent proliferation of wee girls doing Mariah Careyesque vocal gymnastics when singing the anthem.