Hotels New York

Started by ludermor, May 21, 2009, 08:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Heading to New York in July, can anyone give me some decent hotel websites or hotel recomendations. Will be there a week so will be looking at the budget.
Also in the vien of Rosnarun if anyone can suggest 'activities' to do in the city it would be appreciated!

stpauls

don't stay in the Pennsylvania, its like something out of The Shining!!  :o

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: stpauls on May 21, 2009, 09:31:10 AM

Stayed in here myself. Thought it was ok. Great location and cheap. What else do you want? Your there to see New York, not stay in the hotel all the time.

ludermor

I dont plan on staying in hotel all teh time but id like somewhere thats not overrun with cockroaches or stuck in the middle of harlem.
But thanks anyway

Declan

http://www.radiocityapts.com/

I've stayed here twice in the last 4 years - old style but perfectly clean and really central and good value when I used them

stpauls

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on May 21, 2009, 10:29:28 AM
Quote from: stpauls on May 21, 2009, 09:31:10 AM

Stayed in here myself. Thought it was ok. Great location and cheap. What else do you want? Your there to see New York, not stay in the hotel all the time.

fair enough but when you pay the money that we paid for it, you would expect something a bit better.

ludermor

5 Sams

Have stayed here a few times Luder..its not the Ritz but its clean and the staff are top class.

They are open to negotiation on room rates if you ring them and ask for a deal.

Location is deadly ....on 7th and 55th....walk out and the park is on your right and Times Square is 10 mins walk to your left...Carnegie Deli across the street....subway outside the door...enjoy..
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

7th avenue and 55th Street...

www.wellingtonhotel.com

Sorry lads link didnt come out in the first post.
The Aristocrat Years

balladmaker

Quotewww.edisonhotelnyc.com/

Great bar and sing song during Paddy's week

saffron sam2

Stayed here before, on the way home from the honeymoon.

www.royaltonhotel.com

Superb pair of legs on their home page.

Hotel on west 44th Street, two blocks from Times Square.

If you're lucky, you'll find a pair of Leonard Cohen's soiled trunks in your room.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

JUst retired

I think 5sams is talking about The Wellington park hotel. I stayed there last year and it was very good.It is next block to Carnegie Hall. ::)

Newbridge Exile

The Affinia hotel website is woth a look, I have stayed in the Affinia 50 and Affinia Dumont, both excellent hotels

rosnarun

I stayed at the waldorf astoria while i could afford it . beautiful place on park avenue. not hte cheapest but great value for your money. then had to move to milford plaza not bad great location on 42 nd street beside broadway times sq. only thingis the place is run like a prison and your a potential escapee
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

thewobbler

Check out

http://www.hotwire.com/

You pick your area of NY and you minimum star rating, and it pulls back a best price. You don't get to pick you hotel, they assign it based it on your star rating. I've used the service a number of times and haven't ended up with a dud hotel yet. You won't get the Ritz, but the star ratings do keep it all in check.