Poll

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

Author Topic: Clerical abuse!  (Read 162671 times)

longballin

• View Profile
Re: Clerical abuse!
« Reply #2295 on: February 13, 2018, 04:48:51 PM »
https://www.irishnews.com/news/2018/02/13/news/winter-olympic-boss-reveals-fr-malachy-finnegan-physical-abuse-1254520/

The leader of the Irish Winter Olympics team has spoken about his experience at the hands of a Co Down based priest later exposed as a child abuser. Co Down native Dominic McAleenan revealed that he was physically abused by former priest Fr Malachy Finnegan...

Mr McAleenan, who now lives in Sweden, is currently in South Korea with Team Ireland at the Winter Olympics. He has used Facebook to reveal how the former priest beat him viciously with a cane, hugged him during the sign of peace during Mass and asked questions about “impure thoughts”. The incidents all happened while he attended St Colman’s College before switching schools. He explained that on one occasion as a punishment for ringing a school bell the priest “slapped me across the face so my ear was ringing, dragged me into his office.

“He had a cupboard with double doors, he opened it and it was like something out of a sadomasochist horror story. “He had canes and straps and well anyway.” Mr McAleen says he was then struck by the cane wielding priest. “(The) first strike hit my thumb followed by another five and I can tell you they were brutal full force whacks and he looked f***ing possessed”. The 48-year-old said he was left with a sprained thumb and that after the cane attack the priest said “’let us offer each other the sign of peace’, he hugged me and my hands are still under my arms”.

There was so much of that went on, crazed priests, 'christian' brothers and lay teachers beating children

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: February 13, 2018, 10:47:41 PM »
Yer mates are on Spotlight Tony... more Catholic coverup

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: February 13, 2018, 11:03:59 PM »
.... BBC bias ...... blah blah blah 
It’s a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: February 13, 2018, 11:07:55 PM »
This is grim. These cnuts make me sick as do those who covered up for them.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: February 13, 2018, 11:08:12 PM »
McAreavey should be made to resign... and arrested
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:10:30 PM by longballin »

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: February 13, 2018, 11:18:35 PM »
McAreavey another weasel like Brady.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: February 13, 2018, 11:23:27 PM »
Astounded that McAreavey is still on the St. Colman's Board of Governors.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: February 13, 2018, 11:32:45 PM »

St Colmans are doing everything in their power to put this behind them, and identify any other victims or perpetrators.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: February 13, 2018, 11:37:37 PM »
Painful viewing alright.Bishop Mc Areavey guilty of serious if not unbelievable errors of misjudgement.The anti Catholics will have a field day of course and ignore the fact that the Police were informed about this monster in the mid 90s but also did nothing.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: February 13, 2018, 11:41:10 PM »

St Colmans are doing everything in their power to put this behind them, and identify any other victims or perpetrators.
They can't do both and it's nor is it the point. Similar to Sean Brady he knew what was going on and is using the same excuse that he told his superiors. I'm sure he's a good man and they were different times etc. but sitting on the BoG is a bit dicey imo.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:48:58 PM by Tony Baloney »

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: February 13, 2018, 11:47:54 PM »
Painful viewing alright.Bishop Mc Areavey guilty of serious if not unbelievable errors of misjudgement.The anti Catholics will have a field day of course and ignore the fact that the Police were informed about this monster in the mid 90s but also did nothing.

anti coverup and anti paedophiles will have a field day.

ONARAGGATIP

• View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: February 14, 2018, 08:49:49 AM »
that was very tough watching last night, shocking, although after all that has went on in this country I don't why I was shocked. probably as so close to home.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: February 14, 2018, 09:35:47 AM »

They can't do both and it's nor is it the point. Similar to Sean Brady he knew what was going on and is using the same excuse that he told his superiors. I'm sure he's a good man and they were different times etc. but sitting on the BoG is a bit dicey imo.

In my experience, the BoG of many schools are usually hand picked and completely ineffectual.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: February 14, 2018, 09:43:42 AM »
Some strange set ups with Boards of Governors,  in some cases it's like a status symbol that is doled out to those who have pleased the local Clergy. Is there not some sort of pre-requisite?

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: February 14, 2018, 09:43:53 AM »

In my experience, the BoG of many schools are usually hand picked and completely ineffectual.

He will be easy to replace then
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"