iPod or creative Zen

Started by heineken_on_tap, May 19, 2009, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heineken_on_tap

I am getting one of these over the next few weeks, I just don't know which one to go with. I basically just want to listen to music in the gym, on the way to work, in the car etc. I don't need it to do anything else! I don't want to get an iPhone because I am not with O2.

I don't understand either :-[ but do you have to use itunes to download music for the ipod? Can you download music for free for either?

Anyone have either of these and would recommend it? Cheers

Silverbridge 2009

Ipod all the way more features and so easy to use. You dont have to use itunes to download the music but you do have to use it to sync it to the ipod. I have the Ipod Touch an love it i had a creative previously and would never go back to one after having the Ipod. 
The Six W's: Work will win when wishing won't.

C_Berg_316

Defo recommend the iPod.  You can download music for free for either easily from torrents and then with the iPod load the music into the iTunes library and transfer it on to the iPod - you can also add the music from any Cds you have on to your iTunes library and then put it on iPod as well - obviously you can do the same with the Zen but having used both i much prefer the iPod.
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

ziggysego

Only used a Creative Zen once or twice. Found it needly difficult downloading songs on it. However that was in the early, so it might be different now.

Had an iPod for a few years and thought it was great. I've an iPhone now, which is the bees knees.
Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

I have a Zen and my kids have iPods - have used both, and the iPod is more user friendly and flashy.  Both deliver good sound - iPod is easier to attach to peripherals.  iTunes tends to be more expensive than mp3 sites, and there are security issues with the Apple AAC files (for burning CDs etc. and sharing between machines).  I wouldn't say one is 'better' than the other - whatever suits your needs.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ziggysego

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 19, 2009, 04:52:08 PM
I have a Zen and my kids have iPods - have used both, and the iPod is more user friendly and flashy.  Both deliver good sound - iPod is easier to attach to peripherals.  iTunes tends to be more expensive than mp3 sites, and there are security issues with the Apple AAC files (for burning CDs etc. and sharing between machines).  I wouldn't say one is 'better' than the other - whatever suits your needs.

Not anymore. Apple have lifted the restrictions last month.
Testing Accessibility

heineken_on_tap

Cheers lads, I'm thinking the ipod might suit me better. so if I bought one in the morning other than itunes and ripping my cd's where can i go to get music for it? C_berg , how does torrents work?

tyrone86

Does the itunes still remove music from the ipod if you have to charge it from a different computer or if your hard drive goes down? That used to be the major difference, once you put your music onto the zen it's there until you physically delete it yourself.

Our Nail Loney

iPod all the way fotr me, I have one and love it, my wee bro had a Zen but now it sits in a drawer in his room as it doesnt get used...

iTunes is simple to use, people sometimes make it out to be worse than it is...

Just get yourself a bit torrent program, install it (I use Bit Comet but there are loads out there, all free I think) then search torrent sites such as the pirate bay, btjunkie.org and download the files via your torrent program. It seems more cmoplicated than it actually is!!

Archie Mitchell

iPod all the way. iTunes is also very easy to use and you dont have to buy from their store. I havent bought anything at all from the iTunes store in 6 years of having various iPods.

heineken_on_tap

Decision made, iPod it is . Thanks lads

Main Street

Last word,
if you are going to use it in a gym, then go for the 16gb  iPod Nano.
It uses a flash card same as the CZ.

The  larger iPods  use a hard drive and don't take well to getting shafted around with vigour.

The Real Laoislad

Whats wrong with one of these...........

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

I like the look of it.
What's the arrow for?

What would the wow and flutter be on one of those?

Main Street