London v Galway. Sunday 24/5/09

Started by irunthev, May 18, 2009, 05:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

Someone had to start this thread. Any thoughts?

Buckass

I was just thinking..how did Tubridy land yer wan...

umgolaarmagh

Should be a good day out on sunday, and think the London lads should give a good account of themselves.

GalwayBayBoy

I just hope we don't pick up any injuries. We usually lose someone to a bad injury around this time of year. Prize culprits being Joe Bergin, Sean Armstrong or Nicky Joyce.

Not sure what London are like but you'd imagine they should have a stronger team than in recent years with more people heading over there.

umgolaarmagh

Should be a good battle midfield with former Galway player Paul Gerathey lining up for London

GAA_Punter

It looks like Glaway are only going to send over half of their first 15 and London have three Galway men in their ranks, former senior star Paul Geraghty, Chris Donnellan and ex-under-21 player Eamonn O'Cuiv.
If anyone has any inside word on how Londons training etc is going it would be great. London plus 15 could be worth a small bet.

mckieran

any word on the Galway team? I think Mullahy got injured in a club game a couple of weeks back?? Any other injuries?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: GAA_Punter on May 20, 2009, 02:48:55 PM
It looks like Glaway are only going to send over half of their first 15 and London have three Galway men in their ranks, former senior star Paul Geraghty, Chris Donnellan and ex-under-21 player Eamonn O'Cuiv.
If anyone has any inside word on how Londons training etc is going it would be great. London plus 15 could be worth a small bet.

Is that really true? Sounds strange and would be a big risk to enter any championship match without a full team.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: GAA_Punter on May 20, 2009, 02:48:55 PM

Yeah where did you hear this punter?? As I have just invested my hard earned on Meehan top scorer in the championship and this match would be ripe for his picking!

GalwayBayBoy

Team will probably be announced tonight. Don't know what it will be yet. Heard a couple lads are carrying knocks but I imagine a fairly strong Galway team will still be named. London are no mugs. Heard PJ was carrying a knock and Bergin had minor surgery last week so there may be a few missing.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Buckass on May 19, 2009, 02:25:21 AM

She is from Mayo but I dont see what that has to do with anything?

Ya I head this morning Bergin was out. Whats the extent of that injury? Micro surgery on the knee?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 21, 2009, 02:21:28 PM
Quote from: Buckass on May 19, 2009, 02:25:21 AM

She is from Mayo but I dont see what that has to do with anything?

Ya I head this morning Bergin was out. Whats the extent of that injury? Micro surgery on the knee?

Yeah cleaning out some cartilage I think.

Farrandeelin

Come on Galway supporters!!! There's as many Armagh posts in this thread as ye!! :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Fhairche Abu

I'll have more to say about the London nightlife game on Monday, we're not like ye Mayo lads - always getting ahead of yerselves  ;)

GAA_Punter

Galway team out tonight should be very interesting, Seems london have huge injury worries ..