Donegal v Antrim

Started by BanagusOir, May 14, 2009, 02:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanagusOir

Any views on this game? Donegal I would think will win by a bag full

slow corner back

Pride comes before a fall Banagus, Donegal have been known to blow up when least expected before now.

RMDrive

Quote from: slow corner back on May 14, 2009, 02:52:46 PM
Pride comes before a fall Banagus, Donegal have been known to blow up when least expected before now.

Who's showing the "pride" from Donegal? The guy who's username is White and Gold?

RMDrive

It's far too early for this (even on Monday).

RMDrive

Quote from: hardstation on May 14, 2009, 10:36:19 PM
Quote from: RMDrive on May 14, 2009, 10:33:16 PM
It's far too early for this (even on Monday).
Yes, I agree but it's happening on Monday.

:D Knock yourself out. I'll begin preparing my "it's-tough-being-a-Donegal-supporter-cause-they-are-so-inconsistent" post. Now where did I leave last years copy ... ???

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on May 14, 2009, 10:26:26 PM
Crap thread. I'm going to start a new one on Monday.

Great. I cant wait till you start a thread as your Football analysis is only equalled by God himself. You truely are an authority on all things GAA.

Fair enough this thread is maybe a bit early but plenty of other threads on matches started a month before other games.

In my opinion Donegal are raging hot favourites as they have consistantly been in the top couple of Divisions of the league for a long time and competed at a much higher level in league and championship.

Antrim are too light, especially in the forward line and will struggle to run up a high enough score to defeat a more robust, streetwise Donegal team in their own backyard. 
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

J70

Relax there Gold! I don't think you're too familiar with Hardstation, are you?!

Donegal can't avoid the raging hot favourites tag for this, no matter how shite we currently are. Its up to the lads to get it together and perform. I've heard rumours that Ciaran Bonner is back again - good job if so, we need him badly, whatever the extras he brings. Lacey will be back too, but its hard to see him starting less than two weeks after returning from Australia. Assuming we win this, hopefully he'll be in good shape for the semi. Any word on Barry Dunnion?

Given Donegal's history and the low rating of the current squad, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for Antrim to nick this, but I can't even contemplate it happening! They'll give us a run for 50 minutes, after which Donegal should win by at least six. Anything less and we may quit there and then! There's been any number of demoralizing defeats over recent years, mostly when collapsing spectacularly against the likes of Armagh, Dublin and Tyrone, but the Cavan defeat in the qualifiers a few years back was up there too, when the Donegal lads didn't lift a leg until the game was nearly gone. Shows that it could happen, but hopefully the attitude will be right and they'll stick to their game and cruise home in the end.

ONeill

People are tarra touchy.

Donegal 3-13 Antrim 0-21 (AET)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gold

Quote from: J70 on May 14, 2009, 11:15:12 PM
Relax there Gold! I don't think you're too familiar with Hardstation, are you?!

i dont suspect there is a person on this board who isnt familiar with Hardstation. The man posts more than the mailman himself, karl malone.
I was only on the wind as i know he was but i still cant wait to read his thread.

Ive the monday after booked off work and intend to make a weekend out of it--would love to see Antrim produce a performance and maybe steal a win--but that would take goals and plenty of them and i just cant see us having the strength or guile necessary to win.

saffron sam2

I'm going to wait until hardstation's thread before giving my considered opinion.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gold

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 15, 2009, 08:40:32 AM
I'm going to wait until hardstation's thread before giving my considered opinion.

take your tongue out of his hole!

ONeill

Same here. This thread is shit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

aodhruadh

J70, not sure about Dunnion but Neil Gallagher and Frank McGlynn are on the mend.

The one thing to be optimistic about is the draw - couldn't really be any better... let the heavyweights in the other side of the draw hammer away at each other, and hopefully we can sneak into the final unnoticed by beating Antrim and the likes of Down or Fermanagh. Plenty of options anyway with the return of the aforementioned players - I suspect figuring out the best 15 to start will be the problem. Dear God, I hope he doesn't revert back to Devenney.  What would be your starting XV?

J70

Hard to know - definitely not Devenney! I haven't been home to get a proper look at the various new lads who've been introduced this season either. If Dunnion is fit and Bonner is back, I'd imagine it will be something like the following...

Durkan
McDaid
McGee
Lacey
McGlynn
Cassidy
Dunnion
Gallagher
Boyle
Kavanagh
Bonner
Walsh
McFadden
Murphy
Griffin

RMDrive

Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2009, 01:14:31 PM
Hard to know - definitely not Devenney! I haven't been home to get a proper look at the various new lads who've been introduced this season either. If Dunnion is fit and Bonner is back, I'd imagine it will be something like the following...

Durkan
McDaid
McGee
Lacey
McGlynn
Cassidy
Dunnion
Gallagher
Boyle
Kavanagh
Bonner
Walsh
McFadden
Murphy
Griffin

Jesus J70, I'm hoping your ommission of Toye was an oversight? He has been playing really well this year.

I'd go for ..
Boyle (for his kickouts)
Lacey
McGee
McDaid
McGlynn
Cassidy
Dunnion
Gallagher
Toye
Kavanagh
Bonner