BBC.......

Started by wobbller, May 13, 2009, 06:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

I'd say the all ticket thing is to reduce the amount of cash at the turnstiles after yer man getting robbed a few years back, probably a croke park directive going by how the club finals are now conducted.

donelli

Quote from: armaghniac on May 14, 2009, 12:25:54 AM
The Ulster council never sell tickets on the day of a game. All ticket games are those where the crowd is expected to be >80% of the capacity of the ground and they don't want people travelling.

I think there should be a way of buying a ticket on the day of a game, similar to that done in croker with the booths.
Last year in enniskillen there were a good few lads who were couldnt gain admission as they couldnt purchase a ticket on the day, yet the game was nowhere full. ridiculus situation.

haranguerer

The whole ticket affair always pisses me off - it seems the gaa like to keep it all hush hush about whether or not you'll need tickets, then 3 days before the game word goes round that its all ticket, and the club has already sent a load back cos noone was looking them cos noone knew it was all-ticket, and you're left running round like a blue-arsed fly trying to get them, then into the ground and its half empty.

Why cant they publicise early that it is/is not all ticket? Whats really going to change in last wee while before the match? The only thing I can think of that might affect attendance is tv coverage and the weather - yiou cant prepare for one, while the other: in this case the game is live on 2 channels, which you might expect to have a negative effect on attendance, but its still all ticket anyway so they dont seem to have taken that into account......so they could have let everyone know it was all ticket months ago!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: donelli on May 14, 2009, 10:36:18 AM
The Ulster council never sell tickets on the day of a game. All ticket games are those where the crowd is expected to be >80% of the capacity of the ground and they don't want people travelling.

I think there should be a way of buying a ticket on the day of a game, similar to that done in croker with the booths.
Last year in enniskillen there were a good few lads who were couldnt gain admission as they couldnt purchase a ticket on the day, yet the game was nowhere full. ridiculus situation.

I bought tickets outside ground for Fermanagh Monaghan. You headed into entrance to stand and went up to building on left. There had been an ad in paper day before saying tickets would be available on day.

Maguire01

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 14, 2009, 01:48:24 PM
Quote from: donelli on May 14, 2009, 10:36:18 AM

I bought tickets outside ground for Fermanagh Monaghan. You headed into entrance to stand and went up to building on left. There had been an ad in paper day before saying tickets would be available on day.
That's a bit late when they've been publicising all-ticket arrangements all week!

A Quinn Martin Production

The only match not being covered live is Donegal v. Our Beloved Saffrons.  Highlights will be shown on the evening of Sunday June 14th...presumably after the 9:00pm watershed as young Antrim fans could be scarred for life!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

5 Sams

BBC Newsline dragged Austin O'Callaghan and a film crew the whole way to Warrenpoint to tell us that that Ross and the boys were playing a round to relax before Sunday....fair enough....

The only person they could find was from Club Down and they put him on the spot...."in a word is Down gonna win" they asked...he replied..."Yes"...what else was he gonna say... ???

Then they waved this piece of paper about saying it was the Down team for Sunday hot of the presses.....

Why didnt they...

..interview Ross when he was there?

...announce the fcukin team?

They were more interested in rushing back to Winker the w**ker .... and the petrol heads in Portstewart >:(
The Aristocrat Years

outthecountry

Fantastic that BBC are showing these games - have only good 'ol analogue for RTE so to have these games (and this is the most competitive province in Ireland) on digital (freesat) is fantastic. Fair play to them.

Archie Mitchell

I wonder will the BBC put the same resources in to the coverage of the Ulster Championship as they are doing with the Northwest 200. They have a dedicated website with live video on it. I know the NW200 is only on one weekend in the year compared to the few months the Ulster championship is on for but would it be that hard for them to do likewise for the GAA as it has more of a following than the NW200.

I know there was talk of a dedicated GAA TV channel but IMO would be hard to get started up, to get the funds, infrastructure etc in place so was thinking would a GAA TV website not be a better way to start it up. Last year RTE were showing the live games and The Sunday Game live on thier website as well as being able to go back and watch later. Surely it wouldn't be hard for the GAA to set up a similar website to show live matches, highlights, build up to games, interviews, classic games etc on it similar to the way RTE have it as well as most big premiership teams have.

ziggysego

Are the BBC just using a feed from RTE like last year, or filming it themselves? ie, getting it on the cheap.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Well RTÉ are showing it too, so i doubt there are 2 crews at the same game. Probably splitting the costs. Or maybe BBC do some Ulster matches and RTÉ do the rest. It's generally the BBC trucks you see at Ulster matches.

Archie Mitchell

Last year I think they used RTE's feed and just presented it themselves.