Kerry injury crisis

Started by longrunsthefox, May 13, 2009, 11:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

I'm sure Kerry won't use this excuse if they loose...  ;)

Kerry's Championship hopes were dealt a significant blow after confirmation last night that All Star Kieran Donaghy has been ruled out for at least ten weeks.

Reports in today's Irish Examiner suggest the Austin Stacks man will undergo an operation today on the stress fracture of the foot picked up in the National League final victory over Derry at Croke Park.

He is definitely out of the Kingdom's Munster Championship opener against Cork on 7 June and the provincial decider on 5 July, should Kerry beat the Rebels.

He is expected to be available should Kerry advance to the quarter-final stage in August, but this latest setback is perhaps the worst in a long list of casualties, with Killian Young (shoulder), Tommy Walsh (hamstring), Paul Galvin (groin), Tadhg Kennelly (hand), and Eoin Brosnan (hamstring) all on the treatment tab

marym

Huge loss to Kerry. Usually played very well against Cork. Cork  Defence very good anyway but am sure they will be delighted to have one less to worry about. God forbid if anything were to happen the Gooch.

Canalman

Injury "Crisis" my h*le. Kerry slieveenism at play here againimo.
Will be astounded if any of these lads won't be playing in August when it matters.

The svengali O'Connor is back.

longrunsthefox

he's not that cute... rem '05

BallyhaiseMan

They will just introduce a few lads we've never heard of,
Who will all pick up All Stars, One may even get Footballer of the year.
The bastards  >:(

longrunsthefox

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 13, 2009, 11:56:59 AM
They will just introduce a few lads we've never heard of,
Who will all pick up All Stars, One may even get Footballer of the year.
The b**tards  >:(

...the Kerry myth goes on

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

longrunsthefox

Check out Paddy Heaney's column on second last page of Mickey Harte thread... about worship of Kerry football... why do you think they will roll out new unknown players who will win All Stars and player  of the year awards?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 13, 2009, 12:15:42 PM
Check out Paddy Heaney's column on second last page of Mickey Harte thread... about worship of Kerry football... why do you think they will roll out new unknown players who will win All Stars and player  of the year awards?

35 Senior All Ireland titles,
Countless Underage titles,
endless supply of talent seemingly.
Its what they do ahev have done for most of the last 40 years(barring a few periods)

longrunsthefox

... but can't beat this Tyrone team   8)

SidelineKick

::)

I'm sure they'll be content with being team of the decade.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 13, 2009, 12:24:27 PM

35 All Ireland Titles V 3 All Ireland Titles.

i wouldnt be crowing so much if i were you.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 13, 2009, 12:29:23 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 13, 2009, 12:24:27 PM

35 All Ireland Titles V 3 All Ireland Titles.

i wouldnt be crowing so much if i were you.

I suppose you're right  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFj_qpvwRFs

BallyhaiseMan

What will you Tyronies have to shout about when Kerry aniihilate ye one of these years?  :P

longrunsthefox

you'll find out when that happens... has been 23 years you've waited so far  :-*